Sprite Doesn't Look Right In Game?

I'm making a mod for my boyfriend for Christmas, and I got the majority of it done, however I'm having trouble with a few things. I went into Spriter to attempt to adjust the way the pants appear in the animations, and also fix the sizing and everything, however in game it looks completely different? I read places that to adjust the size you just have to fix the .png files to fit properly, I am stumped on how to get the right files to appear for pants. I'll attach the files as well as images of what it's meant to look vs. it looks in game from all perspectives.

image.thumb.png.030b56c39cd7e0e226878ca56062bc72.png

image.png.5965c76533b1872dc2a8406a0e08310e.png

image.png.b9c5f93aa7d7bad161be7357afcac1aa.png

image.png.73802b9cce17839cc9c41266592440ac.pngda

Ruby.zip

Edited by Tirakitsu
Extra Image not needed

Quick tip: The spirter doesn't affect how the sprites actually look Ingame, it's just like a preview.
If you want to change how they look ingame you have to move them around in the png files themselves, for example, if you want a part to be smaller you make them smaller in the png, from that point it's just moving it around pixel by pixel til it looks just how you want it to look. And for the weird angles, try changing the skirt numbers around, it could be that skirt 3 is 2 or something along those lines. 

On 12/10/2018 at 3:37 AM, JohnWatson said:

can you share the contents of your mod's anim folder

For sure! 

Also, YEah, I'm aware changes in Spriter don't affect the outcome of the sprite, I just dont understand how to adjust thing so that it /can/ come out like it looks in Spriter. Especially since it involves trying to get some png layers ontop of others and such~

Ruby.zip

Hey, not sure if you still need help with this but I think I found what's causing the problem. After looking around the animation folder I noticed there are only 3 skirt frames actually read by the game, if you want I could try adding another frame to see if everything ends up working and send ya it

after looking around some more I noticed that the side skirt only appears when you move, so the flowing/walking on side animation causes it to appear only when you're moving. 

Ps. the bigportaits files are named Ruby.png instead of ruby.png

Edited by Bubbbels
me being a dumdum and not doing enough research before posting