Pig Thieves

Pig thieves should really be less frustrating to deal with than they are. I understand the appeal in a bit of a challenge to the otherwise peaceful towns, but having guards in such a close proximity and having them coded to pick up your coins too just makes a recipe for disaster.

Just now I was carrying 100+ oincs and saw a thief spawn. No problem, I'll lure him near a corner and trade some hits with him to kill him. However, a guard comes running almost a screen away to come steal my hard earned berry shekels, and I accidentally hit him while killing the thief. Queue an instant retaliation and death. Either pig thieves need to make you drop less than max coins, guard greed radius needs to be lowered, or guards need to be more merciful.

42 minutes ago, Izuku_Midoriya said:

Pig thieves should really be less frustrating to deal with than they are. I understand the appeal in a bit of a challenge to the otherwise peaceful towns, but having guards in such a close proximity and having them coded to pick up your coins too just makes a recipe for disaster.

Just now I was carrying 100+ oincs and saw a thief spawn. No problem, I'll lure him near a corner and trade some hits with him to kill him. However, a guard comes running almost a screen away to come steal my hard earned berry shekels, and I accidentally hit him while killing the thief. Queue an instant retaliation and death. Either pig thieves need to make you drop less than max coins, guard greed radius needs to be lowered, or guards need to be more merciful.

I like this, Don't Starve is built on being punished for being underprepared, you have to think on your feet more often.

13 hours ago, gary9996 said:

I like this, Don't Starve is built on being punished for being underprepared, you have to think on your feet more often.

I don’t have a problem with needing to be attentive and deal with challenges, but pig thieves + guards are not frustrating than challenging.

14 minutes ago, Izuku_Midoriya said:

I don’t have a problem with needing to be attentive and deal with challenges, but pig thieves + guards are not frustrating than challenging.

When the happened to me, I lured the guards and murdered them all for my money back. Street justice!! And it worked, they all had the coins still.

Archived