• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

33 Screenshots

About This File

111mglk_jpg.png

“Hero in the Dark” – Is a traditional fantasy mod This mod will incorporate traditional fantasy elements and lore while retaining the artistic style and the survive or die elements of Don’t Starve. A large focus of the lore and design of the mod will be from D&D and other games/books within the genre. Barbarians, shadow knights, druids, Necromancers etc etc

The goals of this mod are to make an alternate form of Don’t Starve, not to add on to its current game. We have added in creatures, events, more lvs, boss mobs, items, dungeons, unique leveling system, 12 playable character(not all characters are in yet)s, 100's of new recipes etc.

Here is the first version of Beta. We are still looking for more artists coders and people to help with character scripts to join our team. We need things from Characters, items, monsters, terrain etc We are currently looking for 2 to 3 artists/animators and 1 to 2 people to help with character scripting. If you are interested please send me a pm.

(Note: this is still in Beta, we are still missing some artwork and character scripts, I am not posting this to steam as of yet)

(Note: if you are using a controller, you must disable spell books. To do this, hit the configure button on the mod page inside the game and turn off spell books)

Please give feedback within this thread and bug reports here or in a PM to me. Don't forget to follow our mod and rate it!

We now have our own sub forum here

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/forum/64-mod-collaboration-hero-in-the-dark/

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/33476-mod-hero-in-the-dark/

We now have our own Wiki !

http://hero-in-the-dark.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_in_the_Dark_Wiki

What's New in Version Beta 0.03   See changelog

Released

• Beta 0.03
  • bugfixes
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

For Some unknown Reason when i Enabled the mod it return me back to the main menu, and when i go back to the mod menu it say that the mod is Disabled

make sure your game is up to date, otherwise it will autodisable mods with modapi version higher than the one your game has.

This should definitely go on Steam Workshop, mate! It would get a whole lot more downloads and players. It's already a great mod, it's more than worthy to go on the Workshop. 

• Like 4

This should definitely go on Steam Workshop, mate! It would get a whole lot more downloads and players. It's already a great mod, it's more than worthy to go on the Workshop. 

We will add it to workshop soon, we are getting close to beta and calling it stable enough. We kept it exclusive here in order to go through early/alpha pains in a bit more controlled (and generally friendly) environment.

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words :) always like to here from players that enjoy our mod.

We are quickly making progress to Beta version of the mod, in fact I have already started making preparations for the launch on Steam Workshop, I recently started a HITD group, as you can see here,

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HeroInTheDark

Please feel free to join. 

Dis shiet is amazing! I bet I said this many times but this is the most amazing mod I've ever seen!

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it. :)

it works pretty fine and it's really cool but when I make a helmet with wizard the game crashes

Thank you, We will look into it, next time could you please take a screenshot and post in our bugs section, that will help us greatly to find out what is exactly causing the problems.

Hi guys im having peoblems with this mod when i start DS and go to mods its says it crashed on startup i dont know what should i do plz help

Hi guys im having peoblems with this mod when i start DS and go to mods its says it crashed on startup i dont know what should i do plz help

We need a log file or a crash report or some more specifics in order to help you.

When I start this mod my game just crash!Api_version is 4 but it does't work!What's wrong?

I would suggest either updating your game or buying the game, since the current api_version = 6

This mod makes the game a completely different one. Nice work OP. Really nice.

thanks for your kind words :)