• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

33 Screenshots

About This File

111mglk_jpg.png

“Hero in the Dark” – Is a traditional fantasy mod This mod will incorporate traditional fantasy elements and lore while retaining the artistic style and the survive or die elements of Don’t Starve. A large focus of the lore and design of the mod will be from D&D and other games/books within the genre. Barbarians, shadow knights, druids, Necromancers etc etc

The goals of this mod are to make an alternate form of Don’t Starve, not to add on to its current game. We have added in creatures, events, more lvs, boss mobs, items, dungeons, unique leveling system, 12 playable character(not all characters are in yet)s, 100's of new recipes etc.

Here is the first version of Beta. We are still looking for more artists coders and people to help with character scripts to join our team. We need things from Characters, items, monsters, terrain etc We are currently looking for 2 to 3 artists/animators and 1 to 2 people to help with character scripting. If you are interested please send me a pm.

(Note: this is still in Beta, we are still missing some artwork and character scripts, I am not posting this to steam as of yet)

(Note: if you are using a controller, you must disable spell books. To do this, hit the configure button on the mod page inside the game and turn off spell books)

Please give feedback within this thread and bug reports here or in a PM to me. Don't forget to follow our mod and rate it!

We now have our own sub forum here

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/forum/64-mod-collaboration-hero-in-the-dark/

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/33476-mod-hero-in-the-dark/

We now have our own Wiki !

http://hero-in-the-dark.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_in_the_Dark_Wiki

What's New in Version Beta 0.03   See changelog

Released

• Beta 0.03
  • bugfixes
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

that giant orc there in the picture is some kind of boss? 
and By the way what do you think of creating a new page for 
you guys create monsters that would be cool! :grin:

check out our forums and our (WIP) wiki for answers ;)

the wizard motto should be: a wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to

• Like 1

the wizard motto should be: a wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to

I thought about using that Gandalf quote, but I wanted to use something more obscure ;)

you guys gonna make all skins look like the ones from the original don't starve characters?

Not quite sure what you mean exactly, but I leave the art for the characters up to the artists interpretation of the games art style. I personally think that several of the characters are better than some of the base characters for the game :p (there is one I might change in the future though)

well, all the char are pretty good, but only the dark knight and the wizard look good, I mean, the cleric scares me a bit

well, all the char are pretty good, but only the dark knight and the wizard look good, I mean, the cleric scares me a bit

why does she scare you? she is a beacon of good!

well, I dunno, but I think that only the dark night and the wizard are good looking, the others are just cool to play( good but this is the important part, aren't it?)

Thanks for this.

You're  welcome :) 

We do this for the fun of it, enjoy making our own world :)

• Like 1

and i make this for the fun of describe your world :razz:

it should always be done for the fun of it ;)

• Like 1

I quite like the artstyle, but, hmmph. You see, I see that a lot of this has stuff that actually looks modded. And it just look like you're making the game look like what, world of warcraft probably?! I wish there were a lot more big mods that added to the game and didn't change a lot to how the original game works as. This mod makes it look like DS is a game that's story happens hundreds of years ago, all thought its real timeline starts in early 20th century.

The very first sentence of the description says 'traditional fantasy mod'. If WoW is the only thing someone knows from fantasy, then yes, I guess it will look that way. In a lot of ways it's a conversion mod that turns DS into fantasy, looks and gameplay alike.

And no it does not make DS story happen hundreds of years ago, it makes it happen in another dimension/universe - magic never happened on earth. But effectively, the world of DS is separate from reality, so it is allowed to pull creatures in from another timeline, or world or both. Clearly all the killer bunnies, pig kings and dragons did not get pulled from Wilson's world anyway.

Everytime i put the "Hero in the dark" folder in my mods folder it doesnt show up in my mod list. Please help