• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Grounded Camera 1.0

1 Screenshot

About This File

Take a look at the world of Don't Starve from a different perspective!

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• Added the mod
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Huh? In your image, there are stars in the sky, but when I test it, it's just darkness. Either way, cool idea for a mod!

• Like 1

Huh? In your image, there are stars in the sky, but when I test it, it's just darkness. Either way, cool idea for a mod!

I think it's snow...

For some reason any time i try to install a mod, all of them just say crashed as soon as i try to start my game.. then when i enable it, i'll go back to the mods section and even though i enabled it, it will just say "to be disabled". can anyone please help me.. it's really frustrating. All of my older mods work. just not any that i've tried to install lately.

• Like 1

For some reason any time i try to install a mod, all of them just say crashed as soon as i try to start my game.. then when i enable it, i'll go back to the mods section and even though i enabled it, it will just say "to be disabled". can anyone please help me.. it's really frustrating. All of my older mods work. just not any that i've tried to install lately.

Try changing the api from 5 to 4

Try changing the api from 5 to 4

where would i find that? sorry if it's a dumb question but i don't know much about that kind of stuff.

i have the same problem as DEFiCREEPJESUS it doesnt work and crashes first thing but i dont know how to fix it

DaggaSwiss, you would go to your don't starve folder, open up mods, open ALL of the mod's modinfo.lua and read until you find API_VERSION = 5 and change the 5 to 4.

Hope I helped! :grin:

I'll be frank with you. This mod looks like arse. Just look at the picture at the bottom of this post and try to count all the things wrong with it.

So, some things that could make it better:

-Make water always render on the screen.

-Fix the "sides" of the island so that the grass isn't hanging off of them.

-When an object gets in the way of your screen, it should turn transparent so you can still see.

-Make the camera control like the Screecher mod, for easier control.7WqMA.jpg

where would i find that? sorry if it's a dumb question but i don't know much about that kind of stuff.

Go to the your don't starve folder, go to mods, go to the grouded camera folder then go to modinfo.lua. Scroll to the bottom, find API = 5 then change it to 4.

That should help, being how descriptive I was. But, it could be confusing also! XD

Doesn't do anything when I install the mod. Any reasons why?

And BTW: ADD BACKGROUND!

buy the game

Did you just necro that post? Lol. It could've been something simple like changing the API of the mod. Just cause it's not working for him doesn't mean he has a pirated game.

Did you just necro that post? Lol. It could've been something simple like changing the API of the mod. Just cause it's not working for him doesn't mean he has a pirated game.

true lol 

Can you please add Background to this, fix the black lines showing in between the ground's platforms in the distance, make stuff that's further in the distance seem further away instead of just spawning in and making more water appear in the distance, cause it seems like there's sea, and then nothing but blackness. Also please make it so that we can zoom out a bit more. And I think this mod messes with my world generation a bit. I found like everything in like 30 minutes (Glommer statue, 2 pig villages, chester, 4 things, walrus camp etc). Or may be this was just luck, cause I left most of the things default. Or it could be another mod or a glitch between the interaction of two or more mods.