• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Dementor Playable Character 0.6

5 Screenshots

About This File

This mod introduces a Dementor (from the HP universe) as a playable character.

-- NEW ABILITY ADDED : can now corrupt flowers using its aura to turn them into Corrupted Flowers, which provide you with evil petals when picked ! --

-- NEW STARTING BONUS : Dementors have an affinity with magic, being magic beings themselves... Prestihatitator level recipes now available from the start ! --

Features :

* No hunger (technically speaking), rather fragile, constant sanity loss.

* Soul stealing aura, permanently dealing damage to creatures around and improving the Dementor's sanity.

* Flowers effect inverted : the regular flowers behave like the evil ones, and vice-versa. Also, new item Evil Garland introduced.

* Can only eat petals and souls (-> nightmare fuel).

* Affinity with magic (magic technological bonus, Prestihatitator-level recipes unlocked from the start)

New Item : Evil Garland (made of 12 evil petals). Just like the standard Garland, only better. Also, the standard Garland causes sanity loss to Dementors.

Can only eat :

* Petals : sanity loss, tiny health loss.

* Evil Petals : sanity gain, tiny health gain.

* Both Garlands.

* Nightmare Fuel : medium health gain.

More on the aura :

* Is visible as a green light circle around the Dementor during day (at night you're left guessing).

* Grows wider in range as the Dementor goes more insane (to a cap), and shrinks when it is content (the damage dealt is constant).

* Damages all creatures inside it except chess pieces and nightmare beasts (they have no soul to steal...).

* Turns bunnies and bunnymen into beardlings and beardlords if they stay in it too long.

* Corrupts flowers inside it after a time, turning them into corrupted flowers (which give you evil petals when picked). Since you're so talented with magic, maybe you should think about refining them into something useful...

* Gives you a chance to steal the soul of the "friendly" and neutral creatures you kill (adds chances to loot nightmare fuel).

Authors : Akshasha, Auxeras, VicoV

TODO :

* Light up creatures inside the aura at night.

* Add special interaction with "dark" items (Night Armor, Nightmare Sword, Nightmare Amulet...).

* Fix the profile position of hats/garlands (looks weird currently).

* Balance could use some more testing.

What's New in Version 0.2   See changelog

Released

• First patch (balance) -> 0.2
  • * Raised the maximum health and maximum sanity of the Dementor (70 -> 120 health, 70 -> 100 sanity).
  • * Changed the thread icon.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Evil garland is a item in my mod, which is already released. I believe I own it therefore.

Oh cmon man, your not the first and/or only person to think of the idea of an evil garland.

• Like 4

Thank you all for your comments guys, very glad to see you're enjoying it :)

@brDino : max health and sanity raised in the new patch !

If you think of any other change that you think could make this character more fun don't hesitate to mention it !

sssssssssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dude, Can you please make a special scythe weapon for him pleaseee? It would be greaattt!

On 9/1/2013 at 2:09 PM, Neosaurus said:

Evil garland is a item in my mod, which is already released. I believe I own it therefore.

That's not true. It has to be an exact copy. Or you would have had to patent the idea. I mod Bethesda games, learning the legality is vital. So unless you download his copy and see that the item is an exact copy from code to appearance, there's absolutely nothing you can do. 

On 01. 09. 2013. at 10:11 PM, klim said:

Good character thanks) The only food become useless(

can u help me pls when i imported it and enabled it 

i started palying as him and when i got into a game wilson was there not   Dementor

help please!