• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

This mod is just a simple tweak that increases Chester's walking speed, so that he can keep up with the player a bit better.

Features:

-Increases Chester's running speed.

Changelog:

1.0 - Initial Release

Bugs:

N/A

What's New in Version 1.0   See changelog

Released

• 1.0 - Initial Release

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Is there a way to make him faster? He's still lagging a bit behind with faster characters.

The mod is intended to work with default run speed, but you can change it pretty easily like this:

1. Go into the folder for the mod (The one that you put in the mods section)

2. Go into Scripts, then Prefabs

3. Open Chester.lua with any text editor (Most people use Notepad, I use TextEdit because I'm on a mac)

4. Control+F (Or Command+F on Mac) and search the file for "Speed".

5. Change the values on inst.components.locomotor.walkspeed and inst.components.locomotor.runspeed to whatever you want; the higher the values, the faster he goes. 

6. Save the file and you should be good to go. 

• Like 1

The mod is intended to work with default run speed, but you can change it pretty easily like this:

1. Go into the folder for the mod (The one that you put in the mods section)

2. Go into Scripts, then Prefabs

3. Open Chester.lua with any text editor (Most people use Notepad, I use TextEdit because I'm on a mac)

4. Control+F (Or Command+F on Mac) and search the file for "Speed".

5. Change the values on inst.components.locomotor.walkspeed and inst.components.locomotor.runspeed to whatever you want; the higher the values, the faster he goes. 

6. Save the file and you should be good to go. 

I've tried it but for some reason steam keeps reversing it.