• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Flaire The Spellblade (DS) 1.1.20

5 Screenshots

About This File

This version of the mod is pretty outdated, and I'm unable to update it here because of the new forum changes. Please subscribe to the mod in the Steam Workshop instead.

Steam Workshop links:
DS: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2448845012
DST: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2496686961

title.png

Intro
Flaire is a princess, who would much rather be a spellblade! Secretly training to become one, a strange voice lead her to the Don't Starve world, where she continues her training without interruption...

Basic usage
* To cast a spell, you must have a useable weapon in hand. (Swords, spears, tentacle spikes, etc.)
* Left clicking on the Mana gauge cycles forward in your spell repertoire, and right clicking it cycles backwards. Note that you must have a weapon in hand for this to work.

Perks

unknown.png

mana.png

* Mana gauge:

• Flaire has access to a new resource called Mana; this is her bread and butter. When a spell is cast, it uses up a chunk of mana.
  • Mana regenerates passively only when treading upon nature turf. This makes some places indirectly more dangerous, so be careful!
  • The above means the same for handcrafted turfs like wooden flooring and such. However, she can create a structure that will not only increase mana regen in the area, but also allow you to regen mana on those handcrafted turfs. So don't worry about base building!
  • You can find this structure under the Science tab, and it must be prototyped with an Alchemy Engine.

* Can cast spells:

• Flaire has the ability to cast spells. These can be used to heal, dish out good damage, and more, utilizing the mana gauge.
  • You start with two base spells, a damaging and a healing spell; however, more can be obtained by defeating enemies, having used at least one spell in the battle. It's a low chance for it to drop, but gets higher with each spell cast.
  • Flaire can also attune to the elements! Well, not by herself. She's not experienced a spellblade enough for that yet! When you face the elements in a rudimentary way, you (potenially forcefully) attune yourself to that element, also known as aspect. Certain aspects enhance some spells, but weaken others. Careful with those fire hounds/moisture meter!
  • Adding to the above, the special power of gems does allow her to activate an aspect on demand, but be careful- once you're in an aspect, you have to ride it out fully!

aspects.png

* Good with a sword:

• As a spellblade, Flaire is pretty accustomed to sword-casting. Therefore, she's much better at casting spells with sword weapons compared to other weapons (spears, hambat, etc.)
  • When you hit an enemy three times (with a castable weapon), you activate your combo! Your base spells then cost 50% less mana. Note the combo effect won't pop up if you don't have enough mana for a spell.
  • Additionally, she spawns with a blueprint for her very own sword, like Wigfrid has her own spear! (But, you have to craft it first!)

* Is a reserved eater

• Eating prepared crockpot foods gives Flaire a certain amount of mana instantly. The amount recovered is determined by the food's hunger value. The bigger it is, the more mana it regens; however, if the meal is too big, she will only recover a small amount of mana.
  • As a princess, she is used to being a bit more reserved at the dinner table. Therefore, you cannot eat foods while full, preventing mass healing/other effects from foods- but most importantly, controls how much mana you can instantly regenerate.

Other features include:

• Custom quotes (DS + ROG fully done)
  • Custom voice!
  • Mod support (She can automatically use modded swords to cast, so long as they have the word "Sword" in the name!)
  • If you have a special modded weapon you'd like Flaire to be able to cast with, there are tags you can add to your weapon;
    - "spellbladeflaire_wepSword" for sword weapons
    - "spellbladeflaire_wepOther" for other weapon types
  • Spellcast hotkeys! Configure in mod settings

If you find any bugs, lemme know. I'll try to fix them!
Also, I do art things on Twitter, not necessarily DS related- but if anyone's interested: https://twitter.com/summerscorchin

Edited by Lillyth

What's New in Version 1.1.17   See changelog

Released

Patch 1.1.17:
- Added some more SW quotes
- Increased Manaburst AoE range to line up with DST [2.5 > 4]

• Potato Cup 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 5/11/2022 at 12:44 AM, chvrry..bunny said:

it keeps crashing for me :<

Hi, my apologies for the late reply, I don't check the forums too often. If it's still happening, could you provide a crash log? I might be able to fix your issue ^^