• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Speech Mod Template -- v1.3 -- WINTER UPDATE

1 Screenshot

About This File

WrathOf

Provides an "english_master.lua" version of my "english.lua" template file based on the "strings.lua" organization with a lot more string settings listed for all characters.

This can be used as a starting point for creating speech mods without changing the game's "strings.lua" file and enables you to define more character specific speech than what is provided in the "strings.lua" file.

Notes:

** This is now designed to use the new mod loading system without you needing to change your existing speech file based on my previous template.

** Refer to the "Speech Changes for DS Winter Update.txt" file for the new items you can copy/paste to your existing file in order to upgrade it for the Winter Update

See discussion thread below for more information.

Features:

* Complete list of all available speech settings for all characters.

( and you thought you had enough already! :D )

* A few "corrections" to some speech settings for consistency across all characters

* Comments in the file on how to add more pigman talk, tombstone epitaphs and pigman names

* Now includes speech from A Winter's Tale Update

Game Version:

Revision 73662 2013-02-26_10-21-53

Use:

Read top portion of the provided README, modmain.lua and english_master.lua files for current information.

In the file, remove the "--" comment characters in front of any speech setting you want to activate.

When you are done you might make a copy of the file for distribution and remove all of the commented out lines in it. That way other players can see what you have changed more easily.

Please revise the top comment block in the file to reflect your mod's information but do leave a credit to me and the version of my template you used for support purposes. Thanks!

Changelog:

v1.3:

Upgraded for A Winter's Tale Update

Now uses the new mod loader mechanism to load the new speech values

v1.2: Fixed several syntax errors

v1.1: Initial release for Sanity Update

v1.0: Pre-release

Support:

Discuss this Mod

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.