About This File
I released the quest idea as standalone mod:
Latest Version of Adventure Mod:
This mod ports the adventure mode from DS to DST.
But project is unfinished! -> not playable yet.
I uploaded this, so any modder can take the files and the progress I made, to continue work on the project. But of course please with credits to me. Before doing anything with this mod, you should dig through all the files of this mod and try to understand it. You can try to ask me here at forum, if you want to continue my work and have some questions.
Special thanks to DarkXero, who provided me essential code to play the adventure maps one after the other.
What it already contains:
- The adventure maps are loaded in the same order as in DS.
- First world will be a custom small map, where you can search for Maxwells Door. In other worlds you have to build teleportato to go to next world.
- I already made code to add small quests to the game. The code might be confusing, it is first blueprint since only me had to understand it But you can add quests like "bring me xy", "build houses", "dance for pigking" or "kill/destroy abc". Reward can be coins, from which you can buy some basic ressources.
- I also included another game mode, where you can only craft a few things at beginning and no reseachlab does exist. You have to unlock new recipes by quests (blueprints as reward).
- you can choose different difficulties, which will affect weather/mobs and also quests.
- everywhere in my code I made comments, mostly in german, about ToDo and what does what.
Limitations/ToDo for which I don't have time at the moment:
- May be incompatible to recent game updates (did not test)
- Maps with islands do not work currently, as islands in DST are broken and it needs alot of work to restore it. You could make instead one landmass and divde it with some basalt or similar. At the moment it is one landmass without basalt.
- Of course changing daytime/weather for only one player when jumping to wormwhole does not work in DST.
- For the last level, where you meet maxwell, I imagined some kind of a last boss fight, maybe against shadow clockworks.
- What should happen when meeting maxwell at throne? Whole code needs rework I think.
- Add more quests.
- Add more coop gameplay.
- Add new game mechanics and mobs, that were not present in DS adventure.
- fix some bugs in quests or worldjump
- test and balance everything (maybe BETA?)
- Maybe add this map: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=608722692
- Could not find anim [inactive] in bank [trap_teeth_maxwell]
- not sure if using own game mode "adventure" or using wilderness...
- ... more see modmain and modworldgenmain. Most of ToDo in german
How to "play":
- choose mod in server mods when creating a game, choose modsettings.
- then choose "Adventure" as a game mode. If you don't, game will crash.
- you can write "TheWorld.components.adventurejump.DoJump()" into console to jump to next world (sometimes it does not work), or use maxwells door/teleportato.
Threads I made:
If some modders are willing to continue work, I might get enough motivation to also continue work. But alone it is just too much work.
What's New in Version 0.6.0 See changelog
No changelog available for this version.