• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Extended Map Icons 1.7

1 Screenshot

About This File

Add a greater variety of icons to your map!

Version 1.7
---
Inspired by Where's My Beefalo but compatible with Vanilla, Reign of Giants, and Shipwrecked!

Please leave icon requests in the comment section!

The available icons are listed below, each are toggleable in the mod configuration options:

Animal Tracks
Baby Beefalo
Baby Doydoys
Bearger
Beefalo
Blue Mushrooms
Bones
Bottlenosed Ballphins
Box Thing
Carrots
Chester's Eye Bone
Clockwork Bishop
Clockwork Knight
Clockwork Rooks
Crabbit Dens
Crank Thing
Deerclops
Doydoys
Dragonfly
Flint
Flotsams
Green Mushrooms
Hay Walls
Limestone Walls
Lumpy Treeguards
Mandrakes
Merm Heads
Metal Potato Thing
Molehills
Goose/Goose
Packim's Fishbone
Palm Treeguards
Pig Heads
Pig Torches
Quacken
Rabbit Holes
Red Mushrooms
Ring Thing
Rock Lobsters
Sandbags
Sealnado
Skeletons
Stone Walls
Summer Koalefants
Swordfish
Tentacles
Thulecite Walls
Tiger Shark
Treeguards
Volt Goats
Water Beefalo
Wildbore Heads
Winter Koalefants
Wood Walls
---

Full changelog: https://gitlab.com/star_lion/extended-map-icons/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
---
Source code available on gitlab: https://gitlab.com/star_lion/extended-map-icons/tree/master

B832EEBE67BD4357C225815078E0011427D307E8

670D5E7FF7A75ADAA4FD7636916D5040710590A1

What's New in Version 1.7   See changelog

Released

Added new icons - walls, treeguards, shipwrecked bosses

• Like 5

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanx a lot for this mod! Keep the good work! :p

(I am a SW player, and i haven't seen another compatible mod like that! Very configurable too! :D)

I noted that the "swordfish" icon is a little too tiny (and less "cartoony" but it is a detail); Mainly because there are dangerous to pass by, and must be visible to "large scale eye search" on the map (to think of going here and make or not a cutlass supreme). I always must zoom to see this icon etc...

Unless i missed something, can you include "water Buffalo" icons for your future update? (it's very useful in the game!)

Another thing: The game doesn't distinguish between "Gold Rock" and "Flint Rock" (same icon of Flint Rock) on the map... i find this very annoying (they made a "No-Flint-Rock" and an icon for it.... but not for Gold Rock?! Come on!); There are "Dark-Grey Flint Rock" too in the game, but i don't remember their specificity (more Nitre in it i think)... Same thing for "magma pile" (there are "Gold Magma pile" with bits of gold on it) here :o.

So i think it is a good idea to include an option in your mod to distinguish "Rocks" (and magma pile) with gold on the map (it doesn't crowd the map too much because there is already a basic rock icon for that... but not useful to search for gold).

Thank again! Bye! ;)

i love this mod, it really helps a lot, if possible could you add the water beefalo? thanks your sharing

@Unlimiteddddd Thanks so much for the feedback! I know it's been a long time to wait for a response but after my last update I suffered a pretty nasty death to depths worms and rage quit! xD I just pushed up a content update for a couple of icons but I'll be looking into tweaking the swordfish and perhaps adding the detailed rock changes you suggested for the next update!

Hi there, @star_lion ive been looking for a great mod like this. I'm having some trouble installing this mod for some reason. 

All my mods live in this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\mods

I have 3 other mods; displayfoodvalues 2l.0, screecher, smarter crock pot, and craft pot.

I put the workshop-662872357 folder, which i get from extracting the zip file (and it looks like it has all the appropriate files to be a mod), into the mods folder but when I open my game and go to the mods screen, i don't see the option to enable your mod. I see the other ones but not yours. 

Am i doing something wrong? Thanks!

Wishing you wellness.

Hi, your mod is lagging sometimes. It is a great mod, helps a lot, so will be awesome if you fix this. I see a lot of people with this same problem in the forum and reddit. Keep the good work, tks!