• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

6 Screenshots

About This File

Hello, guys! Bringing the v1.1.1 Update to the forums because of 5,000 Steam Subscribers. Yay!

If you have no idea who Zoidberg is, I suggest you watch Futurama. It is highly entertaining, and lots of fun for everyone. WARNING: This mod does contain some foul language. There is no way to disable it as of now, so don't download it if you don't want it. If enough people request it I may look into making it configurable.

STATS:
Zoidberg - The Crab of Many Words
"Why always the fighting?"
Pros:
*Yay, it's raining
-- Zoidberg gains sanity and gains a slight regen while it rains. He is still prone to freezing, so rain still sucks.
*He can make a slinky
-- Zoidberg can craft pet slinkies, as well as begin with one. It gives him a slight sanity boost when in the inventory, which does not stack with other slinkies. However, these slinkies are very dangerous, and should only be held by Zoidberg or other human hands. Giving them to chests, Chester, or dropping it on the ground results poorly.
*Hooray, he's useful
-- This can mean multiple things, such as the fact that he has custom audio or the fact that he's got custom lines (both of which are WIP; more on the TO DO list). It could also reference the fact that his bare claw does 55 damage without a weapon. That said, he gains no bonus from weapons. Or that he runs fast. Various buffs.

Cons:
-- The slinkies are dangerous.
-- He loses hunger 1.5 times faster (not tested, but SHOULD be in place).
-- Has low stats overall.
-- Starts with a slinky. This can be bad if you run out of inventory room. Or if you die, since your stuff is probably flammable. (That should give a hint on the stuff, for those of you who read everything.)

Basic Stats:
-- 130 Health
-- 180 Hunger
-- 100 Sanity

Special thanks to sorachan8 to making the artwork, as well as DarkXero for a lot of help with the code! Couldn't have done all of this without you guys! Thanks, and I hope everyone enjoys!

TO DO LIST:
-- Kill Zoidberg.
-- Add more custom lines, the zoidberg_speech.lua is about two thirds done. However, most of it is for cave stuff, so it's not actually that helpful right now. If anyone wants to help (for free) message me and I'll give it to someone who knows more about Zoidberg than I do.
-- Add more audio files. Feel free to leave a comment about what Zoidberg moment you want to be made into a sound! Warning, I can only add Examine and Attack sounds. Possibly Death sounds if you want more variety.

If the download on here stops working, you can find this on the Steam Workshop as well:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=464904522

If you want to check out another fine mod, and you're feeling futuristic, bite my shiny metal *** and check out Bender by Affenbauch, for Don't Starve Together!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=462004677

v1.0.1 Update: Added some more lines automatically, replacing things such as I with Zoidberg, my with Zoidberg's, etc. if anything doesn't come out right as correct English, let me know which line in particular and I can fix it! (N/A on Forums.)
v1.0.2 Update: Fixed broken BURNT lines in the speech.lua. Thanks to Muche for bringing this to my attention about the missing commas. (N/A on Forums.)
v1.1.0 Update: All characters should now have custom Inspect lines for the slinky! Even modded characters lines have been altered. Enjoy examining the slinky all you like. (N/A on Forums.)
v1.1.1 Update: Apparently WILSON in the code is referred to as GENERIC, which was causing a crash. Rude. I feel bad for GENERIC ol' Wilson. Anyways, crash fixed.

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

• 1.0.0 - First release.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

And.. what if when Zoidberg eat fish he gain sanity and health more than the other characters? this would be more awesome. :D but this mod still awesome so thanks