• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Winsley the Culinary Weasel 1.2

1 Screenshot

About This File

An amateur character mod introducing Winsley, the Culinary Weasel.

Currently speaking he is a chef aka food enthusiast that grows hungry rather fast, however his stats are better than Wilson's in comparison. He has the ability to create a crock pot early on in the game as to counteract his increased hunger rate, and food passive will allow higher survival rate as the game progresses.

Being thrown into the world of Don't Starve, the pressure will be on to manage survival with his increased bonus and hunger, good luck.

Stats:

Health: 175

Hunger: 200

Sanity: 150

Increased Hunger Rate, Stats, and minor sanity loss.

Winsley is fully customized for the basic Don't Starve except for Audio and truly significant ability. (Pending, increased stats are currently 'covering' for the time being.)

He will spawn with all the components and access to the Crockpot without needing a Science Machine. (alternative 'cooking utensils' may apply in the future)

Currently lacking a Ghost, and perhaps some custom Dialect for RoG. Note that some of the dialogue may not work and return to default speech pattern.

This is mostly just a beta testing of it to be honest, and I'd like to see what everyone thinks of Winsley. Hopefully he'll be a manageable character to play with.

Be sure to forward your reviews and troubles below regarding him and I hope you enjoy!

====

Previous Changes:

*More for your money: New Passive, 2x benefits from eating. 2XHealth, 2XSanity, 2XHunger

*Slightly less Sane: Swapped Health and Sanity Bars to compensate new passives.

*Ain't no Wile E. Coyote: Speed Reduction: [WS: 1.3->1.1], [RS: 1.5->1.3]

*A tad Nocturnal: Sanity Loss from Dark reduced by 0.1

(Notify me if the character seems unbalanced please! I'm trying my best to make him a fair, but fun character!)

What's New in Version 1.1   See changelog

Released

• *More for your money: New Passive, 2x benefits from eating. 2XHealth, 2XSanity, 2XHunger
  • *Slightly less Sane: Swapped Health and Sanity Bars to compensate new passives.
  • *Ain't no Wile E. Coyote: Speed Reduction: [WS: 1.3->1.1], [RS: 1.5->1.3]
  • *A tad Nocturnal: Sanity Loss from Dark reduced by 0.1
  • ----------
  • *Future Visions: Script Changes, Stat Balances, and compatibility with DST/RoG.
  • *That's not what I said: Battle Quotes are currently set on default for some reason, will change in the future.
  • *No-food Intolerant: Hunger Damage increased, 1.0->1.2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

From what i can only read, only having the components to make it isn't enough really...

For example, what do you do if you are on day 40, out in the middle of the wild? You aren't carrying around crock pot components 24/7, so you starve

Maybe make a portable crock pot, one that gets in the inventory.

From what i can only read, only having the components to make it isn't enough really...

For example, what do you do if you are on day 40, out in the middle of the wild? You aren't carrying around crock pot components 24/7, so you starve

Maybe make a portable crock pot, one that gets in the inventory.

I perfectly agree with you in terms of the late game. Personally while I think creating a crockpot by then shouldn't be too much of a hassle, the problem was mostly the lack of a passive skill.

Winsley was intended to have both increase of Sanity and Hunger whenever he eats food, around twice the usual amount. However I can't figure out how to do that, so I gave him an immense speed boost for the time being. I wasn't sure about giving him a permanent 'item', since I don't think Wickerbottom or WX-78 needed one either. The components and recipe in the beginning was just to cope with the first few days really.

every time I use the crock pot, the game crashes... i hope this can get fixed, as i love the character, and would love to continue playing him.