Set default new action priority

On 7/20/2017 at 1:37 AM, Masterpintsman said:

The priority selector should simply stick to the last selected priority per action type (build, dig, sweep, mop, priority paint, ...)

I strongly disagree. I would find that feature extremely irritating.

Having it default to 5 every time also helps with priority creep. It means you have to make a conscious decision  to set any task with a higher priority, which means you're less likely to set everything at 8 or 9.

On 7/21/2017 at 4:10 PM, xsansara said:

I actually consider it a bug that it does not work this way. 

From Wikipedia:
"A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways."

It seems like this is the behavior the developers intended, so it's objectively not a bug.

I do not think it is unfair to ask that priority selection has memory like material selection. They both, honestly, could be done a little better. I usually forget to change priority on build and tend to go with the overlay almost exclusively.

I wouldn't object to the feature existing, as long as I could turn it off. But I doubt they'll add it.

Honestly, I don't like the material selection memory, either. It's useful now, since Abyssalite is such a pain to select from the list... but aside from that, it's mostly just an irritation to me.

Here's a thought: ctrl+clicking a priority level or material locks it into place until you change or ctrl+click again. That way you can use the feature at will.

On 24.7.2017 at 1:23 AM, Buldric said:

I wouldn't object to the feature existing, as long as I could turn it off.

Fine with me, being able to configure a software to work in the way the user likes best should be the #1 default feature for everything digital.

Not necessarily. I feel like ONI players are more likely to fiddle with the settings just because of how fiddly the game is... but for most software the vast majority of users won't change any settings.

Archived