[SOLVED!] Character mod's sound won't play

Hello! I'm currently trying to get my custom character's voice files to work, but no matter what I do, they're mute. I've tried fiddling around with the remap sound event code in modmain.lua, I've tried moving the MP3 files directly into the sound folder, I've tried little bits and pieces of code, all to no avail. What am I supposed to do?

Edited by poppychips

Well here's a link to how to do a character's voice (its a bit out dated but still works):

As for mp3's the game recognizes .wav sound files but you can use audacity audio program (which is free) to convert .mp3 to .wav along with reducing the sound's strength.

3 minutes ago, K1NGT1GER609 said:

Well here's a link to how to do a character's voice (its a bit out dated but still works):

As for mp3's the game recognizes .wav sound files but you can use audacity audio program (which is free) to convert .mp3 to .wav along with reducing the sound's strength.

Oh, ok! I had followed that tutorial and a video, the video recommended .mp3 filetype, but I'll try it with wav, thanks!

18 minutes ago, K1NGT1GER609 said:

Ok, so I switched the files to .wav files, but my character's still mute. Any other suggestions?

Probably the search path for the sound on the modmain lua isn't correct, I don't suppose you have a screenshot or picture of how you set it up in the fmod designer? Hmm strange the sound mod tutorial doesn't mention this code:

GLOBAL.character's_voice = GetModConfigData("character's_voice")

in the modmain.

Edited by K1NGT1GER609

1 hour ago, K1NGT1GER609 said:

Probably the search path for the sound on the modmain lua isn't correct, I don't suppose you have a screenshot or picture of how you set it up in the fmod designer? Hmm strange the sound mod tutorial doesn't mention this code:

GLOBAL.character's_voice = GetModConfigData("character's_voice")

in the modmain.

I put that little piece of code in the modmain, and it didn't change a thing. I had put all the sound files into FMOD as mp3 files, could that be my problem?

Hmm strange I thought you already replace the mp3 files with .wav in fmod, well do that and rebuild the .fev and .fsb files. Other than that I'd say if it doesn't work then theres lots of possibilities of what is wrong.

Edited by K1NGT1GER609

11 minutes ago, K1NGT1GER609 said:

Hmm strange I thought you already replace the mp3 files with .wav in fmod, well do that and rebuild the .fev and .fsb files. Other than that I'd say if it doesn't work then theres lots of possibilities of what is wrong.

Oh, ok! I didn't do that! I just replaced the MP3 files I had in the folder with wav files! I'll give that a shot!

9 hours ago, K1NGT1GER609 said:

There's a chance the .fsb file changes its name everytime you build. At this point the only way to help you is to see the file itself since there's no other suggestions left I think.

Here's a zip of the whole mod, I hope it helps!