If buildings are up to 4 blocks high, make it so the duplicates' tools can reach 5 blocks high

It's very frustrating trying to make 4-block high rooms, but needing ladders to put in ceilings. I get the balancing, but sometimes you can't even put down ladders because the room's full of buildings and you need to put in ceilings 5 tiles up.

For example, trying to put a ceiling in above the cloning gate. It's very frustrating.

Except at the very top, isn't each ceiling just the floor of the next level up, which you would want connected by ladders anyway? It seems like going "outside" your base to build your final upper roof is not such a big inconvenience, and if it is then you can just make your top floor be 3 tiles high. Maybe I am not accurately visualizing your issue.

20 hours ago, Ciderblock said:

Except at the very top, isn't each ceiling just the floor of the next level up, which you would want connected by ladders anyway? It seems like going "outside" your base to build your final upper roof is not such a big inconvenience, and if it is then you can just make your top floor be 3 tiles high. Maybe I am not accurately visualizing your issue.

Although, the reason some people like me have it 4 blocks is they can have 2 block buildings, like cots with paintings on top of them for decor, its a good strat and is very frustrating having to build a ladder up to have to do the top tiles, so I gave up on it although increasing the range to 5 would be very helpful and I would probably start putting tiles on top again, but this adds a bit of not really challenge, but makes the game less easy so I would keep it like this.

Archived