Heavi-Watt Wire Decor Insanity and other stuff.

Dupes take negative decor the same as zero decor - it's not making them any more stressed, the issue is just that you can't compensate heavy wire with art. So just keep it mostly out of sight and you'll be fine.

I build mine in cavity walls - works like a charm :D 

20170521040623_1.jpg20170521040631_1.jpg

Only really spruced up the immediate base with decor, but will sort the rest later :D  The vertical column was maybe the wrong way to handle it, Saturnus pointed out that a horizontal cavity might've been better :p 

Doesn't even matter at the moment. In the current build, there is no reason to build heavy watt wires. Until they change power producers/batteries to count toward the wire watt limit, you can currently build an unlimited watt circuit with regular wire. Just make sure that all of your power consumers are connected through the right side of a transformer.

41 minutes ago, Veynan said:

Doesn't even matter at the moment. In the current build, there is no reason to build heavy watt wires. Until they change power producers/batteries to count toward the wire watt limit, you can currently build an unlimited watt circuit with regular wire. Just make sure that all of your power consumers are connected through the right side of a transformer.

Yeah, I had noticed this but figured it'll be patched out/tweaked/fixed at some point....

I set up 8 pumps in a derpy test circuit to see if it overloaded the transformer, it didn't, but i guess it's based on the wires max rather than the output of transformer?

I was thinking that based on how wire bridges can interact with heavy watt wire, is there any need for transformers at all? One big wire, hidden in a cavity wall and bridges wherever decor IS a concern to power things in your actual base. Heavy watt wire everywhere else where your machines are in a big decor nightmare :D 

Hmm, were all 8 pumps functioning at the same time? Transformers won't overload - they just limit you to 1000W. I have been able to overload regular wires on the right side of a transformer, so I think that part is working.

If I was going to pick one, I think the transformers are far more interesting than the heavy watt wire. 

Yeah all working - see pic.

Just threw it together to test, pumping gas into a void - 2 pumps per pipe, all working constantly. My calculator tells me I can have 83 and a third pumps (recurring) :D  per wire...

manypumps.png

OK, I think I see what's happening. I think the transformers are behaving like the batteries. It isn't a 1000W limit like I was thinking - it has a 1000J storage capacity and you're refilling it from the left just as fast as it is draining on the right. Doubt they will change that, since there is no point to the transformer if you're using heavy watt wire on both sides. 

Archived