Disabling buildings being used by a dupe

A dupe should be able to disable the building he is currently using by himself. Right now, they have to wait for other dupes to come and say something like this "hey, buddy, it's already cold enough here, you can stop operating that fan already" :D

OxygenNotIncluded 2017-03-30 18-09-58-01.jpg

52 minutes ago, ShamPeiN said:

yes, also close doors closest to them, but its a job list so idle dupes do all this, maybe clicking disable should interrupt job instantly

Many dupes cross doors, or pass in front of switches without activating or deactivating them when it is asked. Only the random dupe which has been allocated to the task at this moment can do it. I find it regrettable.

And to answer the subject, yes, it is ridiculous. I had a character who preferred to keep burning himself on a overheated super computer until a character comes to deactivate the machine. How a mad scientist.

I agree that when I put a disable order on a building, the dupe operating the building should stop that and look for a new task (with actual disabling being closest but not necessarily highest priority of the available tasks).

It can be done manually though, you can put a Move order on the dupe to an adjacent tile.

28 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

I agree that when I put a disable order on a building, the dupe operating the building should stop that and look for a new task (with actual disabling being closest but not necessarily highest priority of the available tasks).

It can be done manually though, you can put a Move order on the dupe to an adjacent tile.

or should show us a job list, limit it to 50 tasks, could be increased by research

Archived