ok so im not that great at the game, i cant get more than day 30 but thats because there is no way to fix my problems and i need your help, here i will list my current issues with all of my games(most of them go to day 20-25)

Bio Distillers - This is my main issue. my bio distiller are not producing much algae AT ALL like every 3 minutes of the game i get 200kg or whatever the labelling is. i have them hooking up to tons of coal generators and batterys and such, have them hooked up to a contaminated water supply(not full yet) i have storage boxes for algae and another one for slime, i have 2-3 pufts i just dont see why they dont work... i think it might be because my duplicants just arent constantly working on them and thats a problem. everything works, except my duplicants prefer to keep the algae terrariums stocked and such, but they dont realise i need the bio distillers working.

Carbon Dioxide - ok so im really fussy with these sorts of games, and my problem is about carbon dioxide buildup, i know you can get algae terrariums and such, but what is the reccomended layout of the terrariums and the base and the reccomended amount?

Bio Distillers and Algae: In the current builds I have abandoned this route for oxygen generation except for the first 20 or so cycles. In the early game I use one or two Algae Distillers while I research up to Percolation to get the Electrolyzer. With a liquid pump and an electolyzer you can swap out the Algae machines for water generated oxygen. At this point I will also be generating hydrogen so I keep the research rolling and aim for gas plumbing and advanced filtration to work towards being able to separate the hydrogen out and keep the clean oxygen in. Again keep the research going and start getting things like combustion for the hydrogen generator.

Carbon dioxide: If you can get water generated oxygen going early and ditch the Algae Distiller you will have more algae available for terrariums. There are lots of ways to just move the gas around too. On a number of occasions when things got really bad I just set up a gas pump and a filter. Filter any oxygen back in to the main base and eject everything else out in to an open area. Ideally if you have been keeping up on research steadily you can go for a carbon scrubber. With Percolation you will already have the water purifier to clean up the polluted water that the scrubber creates.

After around 82 hours of play the best advice I can give is try not to rely on one technology too heavily for too long. Try to use a mixture of different tech that compliments each other to keep a balance of resources.

2 hours ago, Moggles said:

Bio Distillers and Algae: In the current builds I have abandoned this route for oxygen generation except for the first 20 or so cycles. In the early game I use one or two Algae Distillers while I research up to Percolation to get the Electrolyzer. With a liquid pump and an electolyzer you can swap out the Algae machines for water generated oxygen. At this point I will also be generating hydrogen so I keep the research rolling and aim for gas plumbing and advanced filtration to work towards being able to separate the hydrogen out and keep the clean oxygen in. Again keep the research going and start getting things like combustion for the hydrogen generator.

Carbon dioxide: If you can get water generated oxygen going early and ditch the Algae Distiller you will have more algae available for terrariums. There are lots of ways to just move the gas around too. On a number of occasions when things got really bad I just set up a gas pump and a filter. Filter any oxygen back in to the main base and eject everything else out in to an open area. Ideally if you have been keeping up on research steadily you can go for a carbon scrubber. With Percolation you will already have the water purifier to clean up the polluted water that the scrubber creates.

After around 82 hours of play the best advice I can give is try not to rely on one technology too heavily for too long. Try to use a mixture of different tech that compliments each other to keep a balance of resources.

ok thankyou for the descriptive advice, i will definitely take note of this and use these. oh and by the way by "algae distillers" do you mean Algae Deoxydizers?

and i also find it hard to get a steady supply of contaminated water to purify into good water to use for the electrolyzers and terrariums and such, it isnt a huge issue but when i try to do this stress ends up going super high and things start to get crazy. if you have a solution for this that would be awesome, thankyou again for the carbon dioxide/oxygen solution and the bio distiller alternative.

Sorry yes I meant the Algae Deoxidizer. I try to replace that as quick as possible.

I use a couple massage tables and decor to manage the stress levels.

I played for the last few hours up to cycle 38 trying to follow my own advice. I've attached the save file (Development Build CL#TU-210794 Thermal Upgrade Beta) in case you find that useful. This is the kind of set up I like currently but every base is different really.

I kept to 6 dupes up to this point but now I would like to start a new row of crops and take on 2-4 more dupes.

cycle38.png

cycle39oxygen.png

cycle38thermal.png

Cycle 38.sav

Just to illustrate one way to handle CO2. This was 10 cycles earlier when I hadn't set up enough power to run the carbon scrubber and water filter on the right of the base.

I just kept digging right and down to give the CO2 space to move out.

Good luck and have fun.

cycle29.png

47 minutes ago, Moggles said:

Just to illustrate one way to handle CO2. This was 10 cycles earlier when I hadn't set up enough power to run the carbon scrubber and water filter on the right of the base.

I just kept digging right and down to give the CO2 space to move out.

Good luck and have fun.

cycle29.png

ok thanks for putting in the time to help me

7 hours ago, CoolCreation201YT said:

ok so im not that great at the game, i cant get more than day 30 but thats because there is no way to fix my problems and i need your help, here i will list my current issues with all of my games(most of them go to day 20-25)

Bio Distillers - This is my main issue. my bio distiller are not producing much algae AT ALL like every 3 minutes of the game i get 200kg or whatever the labelling is. i have them hooking up to tons of coal generators and batterys and such, have them hooked up to a contaminated water supply(not full yet) i have storage boxes for algae and another one for slime, i have 2-3 pufts i just dont see why they dont work... i think it might be because my duplicants just arent constantly working on them and thats a problem. everything works, except my duplicants prefer to keep the algae terrariums stocked and such, but they dont realise i need the bio distillers working.

Carbon Dioxide - ok so im really fussy with these sorts of games, and my problem is about carbon dioxide buildup, i know you can get algae terrariums and such, but what is the reccomended layout of the terrariums and the base and the reccomended amount?

air scrubbers clean out the carbon dioxide to keep it at bay. CO2 sinks so have air scrubbers at the bottom of your base. as for the bio distillers, I run into the same issue

remember you cant cool the co2 itself past -48 will break the vents. but you can cool air to much much colder thn that and the air itself will cool the co2 to liquid that you can pump in small drips onto your generatos

Just now, heckubis said:

remember you cant cool the co2 itself past -48 will break the vents. but you can cool air to much much colder thn that and the air itself will cool the co2 to liquid that you can pump in small drips onto your generatos

if i run into any more problems your gonna be the first person i ask :D thanks

Archived