Are animations dependent on tex files ?

I am struggling a bit to understand some concepts:  Do animations reuse texture files to produce an animation ?

e.g. if I modify a tex file, will the animation include or not include the cosmetic changes ? (example a sword with a different look will reuse the same animation ?) (maybe with a "build rename")

Thanks.

Anim zip-files contain the following:

atlas - the actual images: Changing hue, brightness, etc. is possible by just de- and recompiling this single file.

build - the "map" for the atlas (yes it sounds a little dumb): Using the build renamer, you can change the build name, effectively letting you create a copy of an existing image-set. You will also need to overwrite this with a custom one if you change the image shapes.

bank - the animations themselves: If you de- and recompile an entire anim zip, you can remove this and still use the build with the original animations.

I see, thanks for further explanation. Not sure I'll be able to do what I wanted, I think I'll stick to reprogram for now & may ask if people might be interested in the project to add more objects & tweak animations for it. But for now, I need to have something presentable to wet eventual appetites ;)

Archived