Warly was nerfed even though he wasnt even all that great yet something i have heard quite a few people say is maybe let him cook in his crockpot with 3 things min but allow 4 if it is needed for something. Like for meatballs you could use 1 morsel and 2 berries, but for surf n turf you could still use 2 monster meat and 2 fish. This would make him somewhat more viable person and it makes sense since he was a chef and would be more experienced and maybe could have the description of "More effective with cooking" or something like that as a perk

I just wish the "picky eater" worked differently, myself.  My gods. I try to like SOMEthing about every character, because I want to be egalitarian and give everyone a chance (I mean, I'm a staunch Willow defender for Pete's sake) but, seriously.  Within a few days _you can't feed him anymore_, even if you do travel around!  I used to have trouble with Wigfrid, especially on spring starts (I had no idea, the first time, that the rabbit holes were going to be sunken in.  Sucks to be me!--or rather, her) and Wolfgang's accelerated hunger got him killed off halfway through his first winter, but Warly...the way that food he's bored with not only stops giving him its health/sanity benefits, but even filling his _stomach_ makes me have a hard time even keeping him alive until his first hound attack!

And yes, I do stay "nomadic" while playing as him.  But a lot of different combinations of ingredients come out to the SAME end dish...!  Perhaps as a gourmet, he could tell the difference between, say, meatballs made with monster meat and three mushrooms vs. meatballs made with a morsel and three berries?

So I've started just finding the nearest dangerous thing and walking straight into it when I get him after hitting "Random".  And this makes me sad.  I don't want to hate/avoid ANY Don't Starve character.  They should all have a problem AND something that makes them cool.

...Notorious

The problem for Warly in SW is that food is everywhere : Berries, Butterfly Wings, Seaweeds, Jellyfish, etc. Even without a Crockpot it is ridiculously easy to survive. The thing with Warly is that all he does right now is forcing you to use the Crockpot but with the only benefit of a slighly higher Sanity and Health from Crockpot food (since the bonus on Hunger is cancelled by his higher consumption).

So reducing the Crockpot consumption of ingredients would not be of much use when those ingredients are abundant in the first place. Maybe if he could switch a rare ingredient for a more common like replacing Butter by Butterfly Wings for Lobster Dinner.

It has already been suggested to give him an actual benefit for switching food. Meat could give him extra damage, Fish extra speed, Vegetables extra Max Health (all temporary of course)… with a diminished return everytime he eats the same "category" of food.

Archived