Big tentacle raid boss

It would be good to have somethings like big tentacle in swamp, something like tentapillar underground.

When attacked, it should spawn wave of few normal (not baby) tentacles, which should be killed in order to attack it again. So basically - x attack, x waves. After x waves, it should retreat into the ground, spitting out something valueable. This way spikes will be renewable for everyone (from normal tentacles), not just for wickerbottom. By valueable I mean something like reed seeds (or whatever it would be called),

I like it. Are tentacles asexual? If so, why do they have genetalia? So they must sexually reproduce, but do they have sexes? As in male and female? Or can any tentacle reproduce with any other, just not itself? Could the super tentacle be the female? Or male maybe, I don't care which. Or. Or.

Or, just make it a lovecraftian tentacle massed horror, instead of a super big tentacle. Either is fine.

Also, how come you don't see tentapillars in the ruins, do they just stop after hitting the caves? Did I miss something, somewhere in the background of the ruins?

I like it. Are tentacles asexual? If so, why do they have genetalia? So they must sexually reproduce, but do they have sexes? As in male and female? Or can any tentacle reproduce with any other, just not itself? Could the super tentacle be the female? Or male maybe, I don't care which. Or. Or. Or, just make it a lovecraftian tentacle massed horror, instead of a super big tentacle. Either is fine. Also, how come you don't see tentapillars in the ruins, do they just stop after hitting the caves? Did I miss something, somewhere in the background of the ruins?
  • Inspecting the tentacle spots as Wickerbottom (basically everyone says it)... asexual...
  • how they nourish themselves without a mouth to speak of is beyond me...
  • I used to think that tentapillars were the bottom halves of the tentacles in the Marshes in the surface. Progressively getting thinner at the tip like a cone or something O__O
  • As for the ruins, it could have something to do with the ancient civilization. We could assume that an advanced civilization would clear their dwelling areas of these giant threats. Now the current mobs inhabiting it could have come after they disappeared... and/or corrupted by nightmare fuel like the Ancient Guardian and the broken clockworks (as Wickerbottom inspects a broken knight, she said it was corrupted by nightmare fuel)

O__O

• Inspecting the tentacle spots as Wickerbottom (basically everyone says it)... asexual...
  • how they nourish themselves without a mouth to speak of is beyond me...
  • I used to think that tentapillars were the bottom halves of the tentacles in the Marshes in the surface. Progressively getting thinner at the tip like a cone or something O__O
  • As for the ruins, it could have something to do with the ancient civilization. We could assume that an advanced civilization would clear their dwelling areas of these giant threats. Now the current mobs inhabiting it could have come after they disappeared... and/or corrupted by nightmare fuel like the Ancient Guardian and the broken clockworks (as Wickerbottom inspects a broken knight, she said it was corrupted by nightmare fuel)
O__O</p>
I checked the quotes, no one specified whether it was asexual or not. They just say this is its genetalia, this is how it reproduced, hmmm, reproductive organs, I'm blushing, best left unmentioned, etc, etc. no mention of asexual anywhere. whether or not the ancients could have cleared the tentacles is irrelevant, what I'm saying is, you see them above ground, so you go into the caves and find the tentapillar. You see the tentapillar go further underground, but when you go down to the ruins there's no more tentacle... Where did the base of the tentapillar go then? Does it stop somewhere between the cave floor and the ruin ceiling? Is it hidden? Where is it? Also what about the regular sized tentacles that show up in swamp biomes in the cave? Do they not have tentapillar bases? Where does it all end?!?! I also am aware that the broken clock works and the ancient guardian and even the splumonkeys have been corrupted by nightmare fuel. It comes with the territory. Those ruins are messed up yo.

Finally, maybe they're plant like, and gain nourishment from the soil, hence why they just kill everything that comes close so it will decompose and they can gradually get nourishment? Or maybe not. Who knows.

Edit: pluuuuus, evolutionarily speaking there is no need for genetalia on a creature that reproduces asexual, so.... O__O

Second edit: I liked your patented face so much I had to try it for myself. It feels... Interesting. Also I added some more thoughts on the tentapillar bases and the ruins being messed up yo.

I checked the quotes, no one specified whether it was asexual or not. They just say this is its genetalia, this is how it reproduced, hmmm, reproductive organs, I'm blushing, best left unmentioned, etc, etc. no mention of asexual anywhere. whether or not the ancients could have cleared the tentacles is irrelevant, what I'm saying is, you see them above ground, so you go into the caves and find the tentapillar. You see the tentapillar go further underground, but when you go down to the ruins there's no more tentacle... Where did the base of the tentapillar go then? Does it stop somewhere between the cave floor and the ruin ceiling? Is it hidden? Where is it? Also what about the regular sized tentacles that show up in swamp biomes in the cave? Do they not have tentapillar bases? Where does it all end?!?! I also am aware that the broken clock works and the ancient guardian and even the splumonkeys have been corrupted by nightmare fuel. It comes with the territory. Those ruins are messed up yo.

Fair enough O__O 

Finally, maybe they're plant like, and gain nourishment from the soil, hence why they just kill everything that comes close so it will decompose and they can gradually get nourishment? Or maybe not. Who knows.

This kinda actually makes sense...

Second edit: I liked your patented face so much I had to try it for myself. It feels... Interesting.

Pay up O__O © 

Archived