Could help me pick a character?

If i remember well, wolfgang in mighty form gets x2 damage, x3 hunger +0,25 speed + 150 life
 Well, the values actually scale all across mighty form.

Damage from 1.25x to 2x

Health from 200 to 300

Hunger from 2x to 3x

Scale from 1 to 1.25 (this affects speed indirectly)

So, for example, if he's one-third into Mighty form (250 hunger), he has 1.5x damage, 250 health, and drains hunger at 2.5x the normal rate, and a scale of about 1.08 (8% speed increase).

The same scaling applies in wimpy form, but this is usually less important. Normal form does not scale, however.

I think the scaling makes him a lot worse (and frustrating to play with) in practice than he sounds on paper.

So guys, maybe i should reform my question in 1 part.

If i remember well, wolfgang in mighty form gets x2 damage, x3 hunger +0,25 speed + 150 life

I believe life becomes unimportant, when you have mid game armors, log suit and football helmet, pretty much give you 96% reduction.

You can have some healing food with you, and i doubt you will lose the basic 150 life in first life. (It meants you took 3750 damage or something and you didnt dodge any of it)

So it all comes down to more speed and double damage, vs beard

Do you feel in your personal preferences that it worths having wimpy and grumpy wolfgang all game, for having some easier fights? Or you found wilson with hambat or darksword is pretty much 1 min fight more or something?

In DST multiplying armour reduction of 2 armours is not worked(Actually nerfed with intentions for promoting cooperative gaming, not sole-survivor). So relying on only one armour with 80% AR is enough and easily accesible for whole gaming. So 750 damage is enough to knock you down if you have 150 health, means just within less than 10 blows(because armours also have hit points) from the Giants. Additional health is just a bonus, but maybe a lifesaving insurance for some bad situations.

I always play with Wolfgang recently because making food supply is getting easier and easier compare to early periods of playing. In case of sharing some foods with a few people still I have much foods to keep him in norm form, and jerkies. But I also don't recommend Wolfgang to whom not get feel easy to get sufficient food supply, or pvp server, because he's quite fragile in preparing periods in early game and in spamming of short blows from another players. It's really annoying lol.

Speed modifier... well during early scavenging it won't matter hard before the time of starvation, because in wimpy form speed modifier downs to .75x at 0 hunger and this scaling follows linear scale, not exponential or log. So I think it's ignorable.

So, What I want to say is,

1. To experienced players who could get overdose of foods, Wolfgang's penalty is just a cheap tax on early game.

2. But due to that voracious nature, playing on pvp server with spamming stabs and griefing are not recommended, because his AtoZ is related on stability of food incomes.

3. Also not suited for whom having difficulties in gathering foods.

4. Wolfgang's boost could be a good insurance and bonus in battle for hunter-killer style players, like me.

Well, I don't like him too, when in wimpy form and can't kill a bunny with a boomerang throw lol.

Archived