Please Help, I can't draw :(

Memmories

stuff

DOOOD. DOOOD! NO.

Edit the files separately, doing it like that will only ensure that you'll have alignment problems!

The reason spriter is so good for making characters is that you can align the hell out of them, EASILY.

We got the program to make sure it looks good. It's like trying to measure a meter by using your hand and then looking at the meter stick to see if it is close enough instead of just using the measuring stick.

Please, for your own sanity when you find a something moves about in the atlas when it is implemented in the game by the anim files, USE THE SPRITER.

EDIT: You could do the same thing as you were doing with the ESC by making the dragon in the files, compiling them, then after the altas has baked and cooled, open it in your painting program and double the size and use the original artwork.

^ this will ensure it doesn't have faces that jump around and will be in HD.

Sounds redundant, but it's the same thing as why use simple figures when you can just straight up draw the character without the reference? A: cuz it MIGHT look weird, and most artists don't want it to look like something else.

Edit: Editted this like 5 times. I'm unhappy.

Ah, no worries...I haven't touched Spriter, but my character's in-game art is all perfectly aligned. A lot of exchangeable parts (like the face) are the same dimensions, so it makes things a lot easier as long as you have a background grid to work off of. I've done lots of retexturing projects so this kind of stuff comes naturally to me.

Archived