First impressions.

I played for the first time yesterday, with @DwerBomb. First of all, I gotta say that I love DST as much as I love Don't Starve singleplayer. But I have noticed some problems in the first few days I passed in Dwer's world.

1) Day count : when I spawned, I saw the clock at day 1, so I didn't hurry for winter or whatnot. BUT we were actually at day 19, 2 days from winter, and I didn't realise it until DwerBomb said to gather some wool for winter, because it was coming in 2 days. I was like "WHAT !?" and THEN he told me to pass the mouse on the clock. So I think it would be really helpful if it was said on the server main menu what day they are, not to foul new players who don't about separated day count for world and people.

2) Chat : the fact that, when you press enter to send the message, the chatbox immediatly reappears is REALLY annoying. Most games don't do that, so you are used to immediatly move once you pressed enter. So yesterday I was like "wwwwwwwddddd" in the chatbox, which is really annoying in a game like Don't Starve where every second is important.

@Malan-Tai

On day count, personally I'd find it wayyyy more useful to show the server day count by default. Your character's personal day count is only meaningful as a measure of achievement, I guess, while server day count is really important for knowing season, moon phase, and more. I would be totally fine with not being able to see my character's day count, but server day count? I need it!

For chat, it does that when you map chat to Enter, away from its default Y. There are other problems associated with keys at the end of your message being picked up in game-- I often rotate the map when finishing chat messages. I'm guessing a simple fix for this would be increasing the amount of time that the game ignores keyboard input after the chat message is sent (200ms or something). But yeah, I'd definitely like to be able to set global chat and whisper to Enter and Shift+Enter respectively, but it's not working too well right now...

That being said, this thread would probably be more appropriate in the Suggestions/Feedback subforum. @the truthseeker?

@Malan-Tai

On day count, personally I'd find it wayyyy more useful to show the server day count by default. Your character's personal day count is only meaningful as a measure of achievement, I guess, while server day count is really important for knowing season, moon phase, and more. I would be totally fine with not being able to see my character's day count, but server day count? I need it!

That's a very good solution ! Swap personal day count and server day count. Exactly what is needed. :grin:

For chat, it does that when you map chat to Enter, away from its default Y. There are other problems associated with keys at the end of your message being picked up in game-- I often rotate the map when finishing chat messages. I'm guessing a simple fix for this would be increasing the amount of time that the game ignores keyboard input after the chat message is sent (200ms or something). But yeah, I'd definitely like to be able to set global chat and whisper to Enter and Shift+Enter respectively, but it's not working too well right now...

So that's only because I put chat key to enter ? It's still annoying :/ I'm very used to use enter as chat key ;~;

That being said, this thread would probably be more appropriate in the Suggestions/Feedback subforum. @the truthseeker?

Yeah, I only realised I posted this in the wrong section when I lurked in S&F section and didn't fint my thread xD

Archived