How appeasement points work

Azuber

How does the scoring system work?

There is no certain information on how the current scoring system works. However, by informal testing of several hypotheses I believe that it is quite safe to say that we now have at least a rough estimate. Keep in mind that there is a lot of guesswork involved in the following, and that formulas might or might not be correct. However, it is true that our team has devised strategies based on these assumptions for great results.

Each dish gives a certain amount of appeasement points. The sum of these appeasement points are total appeasement points. Total appeasement points were the points which were shown on the week 1 leaderboard.

The points shown on the current leaderboard are average appeasement points. Through cross reference of the current leaderboard and week 1 leaderboard, I reached the conclusion that average appeasement points are calculated through the following formula:

Average Appeasement Points = (Total Appeasement Points-200) * 40 / (minutes played)

How are appeasement points per dish calculated?

Again, this is more speculation. It seems logical that higher tier dishes would count for more appeasement points than lower tier dishes, and that would mean a positive correlation between coin rewards and appeasement points.

This post by @HamBatter gives a good idea about how much value each coin has respectively and more. I strongly recommend reading it thoroughly:

Reward Logic

The most important information in this post it the following:

• Old Coin = 1 coin value
  • Sapphire Medallion = 6 coin value
  • Red Mark = 12 coin value
  • Gnaw's Favor = 18 coin value

By comparing coin rewards and final appeasement points, and assuming the formula for average appeasement points holds, appeasement points for each dish seem to follow a simple formula:

Appeasement points per dish = (Coin value of dish) * 5

Implication?

This basically means that after you find a comfortable cycle of recipes which you repeat over and over again, you will get diminishing returns the longer you play. So no more need to do elongated runs when you are after high scores. Also, escaping too early will probably penalize you a lot when it comes to higher scores, since there is a constant in the equation. I hope this information will help those who want to get into the top rankings.

As I was writing this I realized that since we now have a mod to get detailed stats on Gorge matches(link, and shoutout to @GlassArrow for this awesome mod), we can probably check how accurate these formulas actually are. It would be appreciated if you guys could check and post your results below!

Hi, Azuber, thank you for your post!

A week ago I thought, like HamBatter, that coin value is (1,6,12,18). But my friends and I made some tests, for instance giving to Gnaw only stone soup and staying afk until end, or just some speedruns with different amount of sapphire medalions, red marks and favors. And after all that it seems to me, that initial assumption of coins values is wrong. I created new formula, which works fine for all my tests. May be you would want to check it.

• Old Coin = 1 coin value
  • Sapphire Medallion = 28 coin value
  • Red Mark = 98 coin value
  • Gnaw's Favor = 345 coin value

Average Appeasement Points = Coin value of all dishes * 16.5 / minutes played

Some of numbers seems to be not "beautiful", but it could be due to rounding error.

I had also noticed that each reward appears to have a different value for scoring purposes, but wasn't sure on how to distribute it. There's also the possibility of one-time bonuses such as victory.

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.jpg.1e5f1304315ed2120c281510d51c9b71.jpg

I get 2927 for 2919 from here, so it's pretty close.

@Azuber @Whitek  @HamBatter I added whitek's algorithm to my mod. It now displays during the game when you toggle it with the toggle key (default is 'Z'). I added options for changing the multiplier and the coin values. On the summary screen, if you have the estimated score on in the options (default is off) it will display what the estimated score was and the error differential and percent. Hope this helps you guys. Let me know if you want anything else added or any additional info. Also, the total coins in "Extra Stats" included the initial 10 you get, I subtracted those from all of the score calculations.

On 05.07.2018 at 1:45 AM, GlassArrow said:

@Azuber @Whitek  @HamBatter I added whitek's algorithm to my mod. It now displays during the game when you toggle it with the toggle key (default is 'Z'). I added options for changing the multiplier and the coin values. On the summary screen, if you have the estimated score on in the options (default is off) it will display what the estimated score was and the error differential and percent. Hope this helps you guys. Let me know if you want anything else added or any additional info. Also, the total coins in "Extra Stats" included the initial 10 you get, I subtracted those from all of the score calculations.

Nice, thank you! I want to ask, is your mode shows "Total Coins" after game only for some first meals? I noticed that "Meal Summary" doesn't correspond to "Total Coins" in long games.

2 hours ago, Whitek said:

Nice, thank you! I want to ask, is your mode shows "Total Coins" after game only for some first meals? I noticed that "Meal Summary" doesn't correspond to "Total Coins" in long games.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Are you saying that the Total Coins counter is inaccurate? The "Meal Summary" shows the list of meals, not the total coins. Total Coins are shown in "Extra Stats" so are you saying the coins shown in meal summary are off? Send me a screenshot next time it's off. I haven't really played any long games in the Gorge so it might be off in longer games and I'll need some examples of that to help fix it.

Archived