Status Output for buildings

I can see the logic behind this, and a few excellent use cases, but I don't believe the benefit would outweigh the drawbacks. Having a second automation port for every active building would make automation systems far more complex to navigate wires around these extra ports, as well as confusing any new player trying out automation.

Also, what do you think would happen when you wire a status port of a building directly into its control port?

The possibilities for what you can do with and to logic systems are, well.. the reason the internet is so popular.

I'd like to see one or two more levels in the research branch for automation that allows you to build a logic building that is programmable (using some simple fictional programming language) and has more then one logic port, and can hold a finite number of lines with code where each line can only be so long, that would be a manageable extension to the logic system.. it would allow you to make complex logic systems take up less space by using some power, might expand on this and make a post of my own if I can't find anyone else already suggested this..
a new level of logic research that gives you logic multiplexers and de-multiplexers wouldn't be too bad either!

What about (instead of every building having +1 logic port) you can research the ability to switch a building between giving an output or taking an input? (I mean if you're turning the building on or off using logic, and the output tells you if the building is operating or not, you can in most situations just use the same signal anyway)

The only thing that is for sure is that if the only change was giving all buildings an extra port for output it would take up much more space, which in the world of logic systems is a pretty serious downgrade.. and I honestly can't see why you would even want to have to build your logic systems around every Air Deodorizer and Lamp that you don't want plugged into the logic circuit.. the maps wouldn't be large enough any more.

Archived