IT WONT LET ME DOWNLOAD KLEI SAVE FOLDER FIX THIS NOW

Hello @CuteyFrog, welcome to the forums. Please try not to flood every subforum, it takes a while to get replies so don't panic if it's quiet. Won't download? If you've mistakenly deleted your Klei folder in your documents on Windows,  the folder should be in your Recycle Bin. So open your Recycle Bin and right click the Klei folder in it then click Restore. 

Also be aware that the Klei Folders get regenerated when you start up the game, but your save files would still be missing if you do not Restore them from your Recycle Bin.

Now the folder should be back if you've restored it properly.

@CuteyFrog then I guess they're also permanently gone. Your save files and everything. The only option left for you is to start over with your server saves. Starting up DST again should regenerate a new set of Klei folders for DST but none of your previous files will be back. Be careful not to delete important files next time unless necessary. If you have to delete, make sure to make back ups and copy them over elsewhere for safe keeping.

I'm sorry, but there's nothing else I can think of for you to be able to recover permanently deleted files on mac. 

@CuteyFrog I don't own a mac so I don't know how much help I can be but when it says Unable to write config directory, it means the game doesn't have permission/access to the save directory or for this case the Documents folder. So try and make sure  the game has access to the documents folder to be able to write/save to it. Again, I don't own a mac so I don't know how to go about enabling access.

For Windows/PC, if a user's DST says "can't write to directory" they simply have to make sure their Windows Account is an administrator or has administrative access to give the game access to the save directory. Try and do the Mac equivalent of that.

Sorry for not being much help, good luck.

11 hours ago, CuteyFrog said:

plus my mac on dst says "Unable to wite config directory"

You might have to edit the permissions on that folder so your user and therefore your game can access that folder. (At least if it works the same as it does on Linux, since both derive from UNIX.) To make it easy you can just add read and write permissions for everyone to that folder and see if it works.

Archived