dont starve update problem

hi, i just activated my steam keys for humble (for shipwrecked it didnt work but i already contacted support, waiting for an answer for the humble error "unknown key")

but now i wanted to test dont starve with reign of chaos dlc. i started game and updater opened. okay i waited then. it downloaded but then it was at 130/151 and error came.  it came many times, even if i retried. (i think it was 504 time out error).

i reinstalled everything and then it came again. then i tried again and suddenly it updated the missing. it was finally 151/151.

so my question.. did it update it now without problems and without errors? how do i check if something didnt go wrong? because it had many error before, and then suddenly it worked. but i would like to check if the whole version and download now is ok and not damaged.

2 hours ago, Miktoas said:

reign of chaos dlc

You mean reign of giants right? There is no reign of chaos dlc...

2 hours ago, Miktoas said:

so my question.. did it update it now without problems and without errors? how do i check if something didnt go wrong? because it had many error before, and then suddenly it worked. but i would like to check if the whole version and download now is ok and not damaged.

Go into your steam library. Right click on Don't Starve and select properties. Select the Local Files tab. Now click on Verify Integrity of Game Files. This should check your game for any damaged files and replace them if needed.

yes reign of giants, sorry :)

oh i was not talking about steam. maybe i explained it a bit confusing.

i bought the mega pack on steam. but i dont have always internet. but luckily, when i buy steam key, i can use steam key for humble. and with humble i can download the standalone offline client.

i downloaded that client and it found updates and started to update. so my problem is not steam related, it is related to the Klei-updater. i want to verify the downloaded updates because before it finally successfully updated, there were many errors. and i want to check if some data is still damaged by updating.

Archived