Setting dupe gather and carry minimum weights

Well, first time poster here.  Thanks for reading the feedback here, I really enjoy the community as a whole.  Now onto my suggestion.

I see a lot of people suggesting new buildings and interactions in the game, and this is one I haven't seen posted (could be mistaken):  One of the issues I have is dupes picking up and running water 1kg at a time to whatever building needs it.  I've seen dupes spend all cycle doing nothing but running 1kg water back to the mush bar maker.  Would be nice to see a minimum to how much water a dupe would pick up before delivering it to whatever needs it.  Along the same lines as this, it would be cool if dupes could actually move water from one location to another (provided of course gravity and space allowed).

And then I got to thinking, it would be nice to have schedules set for dupes, if wanted.  Something along the same lines as they do in Prison Architect.  You can tell them when to eat, use the bathroom, sleep, etc.  This also leads to interesting interactions, i.e., you can over-stress your dupes if you are using vomiters or ugly criers.

I am really excited and encouraged with how this game has come along.  I've also gotten a few friends into it who swore they'd never play a single player game like this.  Keep up the great work and hopefully my suggestions are helpful. :) 

10 hours ago, mi3f said:

One of the issues I have is dupes picking up and running water 1kg at a time to whatever building needs it.

You're in luck, this issue will be fixed in the next update, in two days.  Not in the way you asked, but it will be fixed.  The same system that fixes this also allows your dupes to manually move water from one location to another.

Archived