Kill 2 birds with 1 stone

I didn't hear Bearger's warning sound at all during this current Fall season (I killed Bearger last Fall season), I think me getting off the caves mid-Autumn season must have screwed up with his spawn time, I still waited for him to show up but no warning sounds of him spawning at all and Winter came along, so I thought okay, Bearger is a no-show this Fall season... It was night time during the first couple of days of Winter, I heard Deerclops roars so I started to walk away from my base to spawn Deerclops far away from my base, I left him in the swamp because I didn't want to deal with him this Winter, when I was walking back to my base I found Bearger sleeping just outside of my base area. I was shocked and surprised, I didn't hear him at all during fall.... 

Anyway, Spring came along and I've decided to try something because Bearger was dangerously close to my base entrance and I didn't want to take chances of him waking up during the next Fall season to roam around and ending up in my base.... like I said, I decided to try "something"-- I waited and waited for Frog Rain, it finally came during mid-Spring season... the second it started to rain frogs, I went to the spot where Bearger was sleeping hoping a Frog will hit him and cause the chain reaction... IT HAPPENED! I made sure I moved far enough from Bearger so he doesn't put me to sleep when he wakes up and does his aoe attack. He killed so many frogs and it started to rain even more frogs. The frogs kept going at him and he kept taking them out in one shot and then the unthinkable happened! BOOM! Bearger died.... I mean, Frog Rain have killed Goose-Goose for me a few times before but never have I ever tried it with Bearger, it was my first time and I was just trying to see if the frogs can pull it off for me and get rid of this Giant threat near my base before the next Fall season comes along. I'm so glad it worked out! 

Giant threat near the base got eliminated so was the frog rain for this season, boom! 2 birds with 1 stone!

moHtkPS.jpg

nEcbbp1.jpg

I prefer a passive aggressive style of fighting in general.  The only time I don't is with bosses since they slaughter everything.  Though I did have a passive aggressive style a few times.  The best case I had was when my brother and I had a world with a reed trap.  We lead every giant, except the Goose since it wouldn't move :mad:, to that trap.

13 minutes ago, LuxuryHeart said:

I prefer a passive aggressive style of fighting in general.  The only time I don't is with bosses since they slaughter everything.  Though I did have a passive aggressive style a few times.  The best case I had was when my brother and I had a world with a reed trap.  We lead every giant, except the Goose since it wouldn't move :mad:, to that trap.

I prefer passive aggressive fighting style too! Specially because I play by myself as Maxwell (my HP is 75). I usually let Tree Guards kill Deerclops/Bearger for me but when I'm lazy and don't want to deal with the Giants, I just spawn them far away from the base and leave them there. But I usually just take them to the forest, aggro them have them break trees to spawn Tree Guards to eventually kill them. For other bosses, I usually use gun powder or something but hardly melee style unless I use a second controller to bring a stronger character to solo the boss.

Example: Dragonfly, I have 2 methods:

1) I plug a second controller to bring Wolfgang to solo him ( I leave my main Maxwell idle in the base but I make sure he has enough food for the day )

2) I have a tentacle trap to slap the heck out of Dragonfly but there's downside to this method, it can get me killed as Maxwell so I don't try it too often. 

-Bee Queen (before my game save files got corrupted and I lost everything) I had a tentacle trap that works 100% with minimum effort, I just kite the Queen around it and let the tentacles slap her and her minions to death while I hide using bush hat, but the downside is picking up the loot. There's a high risk of getting slapped to death by picking up the loot manually if you don't have Lazy Forager (speak from experience). Since I play as Max and usually by myself when I don't feel like using a second controller, I felt that I made a mistake by placing the tentacle trap. It's a nice way to farm Bee Queen but just not for me...

So after I lost my entire game save file, I had a back up save file in the PS Cloud which was very behind in terms of progression which wasn't so bad... I did have to re-farm & rebuild a bunch of stuff which took more than a month irl but it's a clean slate from Bee Queen area. I decided to try the bunny method... it took me about 3 weeks to farm for ALL the mats needed to build it and it was totally worth it! The best decision I've ever done in DST so far, I don't have to worry about sanity, replacing tentacles, tentacles slapping me when I pick up loot or anything at all... 

I just hammer the bee queen out, hide in the bush hat and watch the bunnies kill the bee queen.. been farming her like this for a while, hassle free.

uIs2Jbu.png

dbRuQ2e.png

Archived