I can't for the life of me get an FPS counter working in Don't Starve.

Hi guys!

I've been playing DS since around Dec of 2014 and I have never once been able to get an FPS counter to work in Don't Starve. I can't get any form of on-screen display to work either. I've also searched for a solution and come up with nothing.

FRAPS: Nothing

Afterburner (Riva-Tuner Statistics Server): Nothing

Precision X OC: Displays basic OSD with no Framerate display. Interestingly shows the default OSD stats despite having much more selected in the options.

How in the world can I show the framerate in Don't Starve? I'm really trying to see how far this game can push my CPU and also test the minimap mod for frame hits but without a counter it's hard to tell if I'm seeing dips because sometimes in game elements can look like frame dips but actually arent.

16 minutes ago, MigiTheApex said:

Yes. I've never heard of that. Where's the option at?

Go to Steam Settings -> in-game -> set "In-game FPS counter" to your preferred position. Set high contrast color to make it green.

This can also be done after pressing SHIFT+TAB in-game.

2 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Go to Steam Settings -> in-game -> set "In-game FPS counter" to your preferred position. Set high contrast color to make it green.

This can also be done after pressing SHIFT+TAB in-game.

Thanks!

Archived