Any tips on how to find gears/chess biome?

I don't think there is a sure fire way to find the chess biome just explore as much as the map as possible 
and if you get desperate loot tumbleweeds in the desert the chance is small but they have a  rather large loot table and you can find other goodies too. As well as stocking up on twigs and grass hope this helps.

Good question. We're always looking for gears. It kinda sucks because my friend Teri likes to play as WX-78 but they never get to upgrade because we could always use another ice box or flingomatic. Make sure you dig up all the graves (preferably as someone with good sanity management, like Woodie). I think there are less gears in DST because of the lack of Teleportato set pieces.

17 hours ago, amethystMushroom said:

Good question. We're always looking for gears. It kinda sucks because my friend Teri likes to play as WX-78 but they never get to upgrade because we could always use another ice box or flingomatic. Make sure you dig up all the graves (preferably as someone with good sanity management, like Woodie). I think there are less gears in DST because of the lack of Teleportato set pieces.

not exactly the base of the teleportato was the only place for a gears for sure as well as two purple gems other then that nothing has really cnanged there is one the caves/ruins are littered with clockworks in certain biomes where you can get gears though the caves are dangerous if you haven't been down there before though if your a WX player that is where you want to go to upgrade.

Archived