New Tech: Pressure Management ---> Compressors

Do you approve?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Approval?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral/Indifferent

Tech1: Deep Atmospheric Compressor
Cost: Just heavy maintenance electricity costs, and really gulps the gasses. Trust  me, expect a void in the place where it is rather quickly.
Benefits: Takes the gasses in the environment, and pressurizes it's composition for storage, or can be reversed/disabled.
Size: 3x3

Tech2: Atmospheric Tanks
Cost: Dependent on the gas, increases/decreases heat. Requires Tech#2 to fill/empty.
Benefits: Stores a huge amount of gasses in reserve. One tank can store enough oxygen, as an example, to provide 15 dupes with air for a whole day.
Size: 3x2

Tech3: Gas Compactor
Cost: thermal adjustments, may produce biohazard/radiation, heavy electricity, high maintenance.
Benefits: Take 2 or 3 gasses to create a new gas. Requires AAT to and from itself except special substances. Choose between multi and single gas mode.
Size: 4x4

Tech4: Heavy Compression Modulator
Costs: Extremely heavy on any surface, takes a fiendish amount of energy, greatly freezes the environment, and high maintenance.
Benefits: Maintains certain atmospheric pressure levels (a max and min) within the environment, either filling or reducing the levels in the atmospheric tanks.
Size: 5x5

Tech 5: Compression Research Module
Costs: Cold, drains sizable energy levels, and is very heavy. Further, needs a low-oxygen content.
Benefits: Any technology that deals with compressors needs this lab in order to research things. The only exception is surgeons.
Size: 3x3

Whats with you and wanting things to make chlorine when it doesn't make sense. Why does making water from hydrogen and oxygen take a lot of energy and make chlorine. Where does the chlorine even comes from. It makes more sense to burn hydrogen and make water but have a lot of heat.

If you just want things to make chlorine for some reason, at least do it in a way that makes some sense.

Compressors are heavy machines. The idea is heavy maintenance, high production, and intense electrical costs.

Hydrogen isn't enough for water. The chemical combo for that is H2O. So it takes some hydrogen, and a lot of oxygen.

I also added another element - chlorine now. Think of how important chlorine is in pools - it cleans the water there.

I don't think compressor is a good term if you want to stay with that idea. You cannot make water by compressing hydrogen and oxygen. Maybe if you called it a hydrogen oxidizer or something.

Also your "Ozone Compactor"

Do you know what is ozone? Ozone is O3 or 3 oxygen atoms. 

Using nitrogen and methane doesn't make sense. And another thing ... what do you want ozone to do? 

Compactor is for gasses, making them heavier and better. Reactor is for engines and turbines, upgrading their power, but that's heavy on the fuel and pollution supplies, and not just normal resources.

Important Compactor Combos:

1. 1 on oxygen, 1 on hydrogen. Produces water. Add 'Chlorine' to turn the water from contaminated to pure.
2. Three on oxygen, but that's very dangerous - producing ozone.

But to me compactor means compressing and not making a compound from elements. I don't know who else thinks compactor = making heavier compounds from gases. If you still believe it should be compactor then I'll wait for someone else to respond.

It's a utility that simply benefits from it. But there's more to this. Taking the gasses to create other combos as well.

But there should be 2 modes to the 3rd thing - single gas, multi-gas.

For example, you may want to compress nitrogen further to help plants as an example.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/reaction

A chemical process in which substances act mutually on each other and are changed into different substances, or one substance changes into other substances.

‘a chemical reaction caused by a build-up of particular sodium salts

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/compaction

the act of compacting or the state of being compacted.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/compact

joined or packed together; closely and firmly united; dense; solid:

I'll just leave it as that.

New concepts. There's a bigger reason for this. Instead of large rooms, this technology allows for more environmental control. For people to do bigger projects, advanced environmental storage is essential, so those tanks can really hold massive gasses over the usual atmosphere.

Dac Handicap: This is an 'ALL  or none' kind of tech. Takes all the gasses In the room, or can be disabled for individual gasses.

The bottom 2 are support compression units. The first of them simply anchors to 2 or 3 tanks, and the last one simply adjusts to the levels within a room where it's present, but both need tanks for that.

Archived