One of the things I'm most looking forward to when it's time to release some new content is an ice biome. I really want to dig up some ice and melt it into water! Once the temperature mechanics are better developed this would be a good challenge to play with them.

Things that could be in an ice biome:

Ice tiles: Dig these and melt into water.

Snow tiles: These could fall like sand does.

Some kind of blue crystal: not sure what it does, but visually it's just necessary.

Alien creature: It likes the cold and will overheat at normal temperatures.

Plants: With red berries that only bloom when it is very cold.

Some toxic liquid with a low vapor point: There could be a special challenge in ice biomes to keep them cold enough so the liquid doesn't become toxic gas while you're working in them or to pump out the liquid before letting the biome warm up. If you just tunnel into the ice haphazardly, the ice and snow start melting and the toxic liquid evaporates and floods your tunnel with toxic gas. Or it could contaminate the ice/snow/water. Could also just be lakes of CO2 if the biome is cold enough.

Resources that become useless after you let them melt.

Maybe we could have "Seasons". They wouldn't be like traditional Earth seasons. Maybe one where disease is more common, and some blocks start to change into a contaminated slime. Just spitballing ideas here.

Actually there is a way to melt ice i just did it thought it won't work but i gave it a try

you can use the Liquid Tepidizer to melt some ice and snow but i'm still thinking of a way to make it efficient because ice is everywhere and u can't build these all over the place.

plus it only worked for a little and then stopped because it's not submerged in the liquid.

I will try to put some liquid in it and see what happens because im on cycle 220 and want to explore new things.

liquid.png

Archived