Missing settings.ini and server_token.txt

Hello,

Im trying to create a dedicated Dont Starve Together server. I cannot seem to create the server_token.txt file. I have tried both on windows 10 and windows server 2012.

The files "%userprofile%\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\server_token.txt" "%userprofile%\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\settings.ini"

do not exist. I have sent the command TheNet:GenerateServerToken() from Dont Starve Together console and the folder "%userprofile\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\" exists containing other files such as client.ini and chat_log.txt and so on.

I need this server token and settings file to create my server. Please advise.

Maybe someone can send me there files as a template? I can put in my key server token.

Cheers.

Hey @ggwptyvm welcome to the forums. The DST dedicated server setup process is undergoing a change in terms for folder save arrangement and naming conventions. You can find the devs released a quick guide to utilize the new setup process, found here. Sadly I haven't personally dabbled in it yet, so that's all the help I can probably give. For other concerns about the guide, search that thread whether it's been asked already if not post your question there and hopefully someone already knows the answer.

Good luck, cheers.

13 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Hey @ggwptyvm welcome to the forums. The DST dedicated server setup process is undergoing a change in terms for folder save arrangement and naming conventions. You can find the devs released a quick guide to utilize the new setup process, found here. Sadly I haven't personally dabbled in it yet, so that's all the help I can probably give. For other concerns about the guide, search that thread whether it's been asked already if not post your question there and hopefully someone already knows the answer.

Good luck, cheers.

Thanks, this works perfectly.

In which folder do I place my worldgenoverride.lua?

How do I regenerate my world with modified worldgenoverride settings?

@ggwptyvm If you followed the quick guide to the letter, the worldgenoverride.lua should be located in the following folders:

• Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\Master
  • Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\Caves

If you named your root server folder name into something else, just make sure to place the correct respective worldgenoverride.lua files under the Master and Caves' folders. Then once finished, start up the server by clicking StartDSTServers.bat and when the server is up enter the following code into the opened dedicated server windows:

c_regenerateworld()

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that's all you need to do. Report back here if it works or not, cheers.

Archived