[Crash] - Game crash every time I start it.

Bug Submission:

Category: Crash

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Game crash every time I start it.

Issue Description: I recently downloaded this game from steam but upon startup the screen will turn white and an error report will appear saying "Invisibleinc.exe has stopped working." I have Windows 10 if that has anything to do with it. Other than that I can't imagine why this is happening. Any help will be appreciated!

On a side note, I will be gone for the few days (from the date this is posted, of course) so I wont be able to use any help you give me for a little while.

If you need more information feel free to ask! Thanks for the help in advance!

Steps to Reproduce: If started in steam, game crashes immediately.

• Developer

Thanks for the report TrooperShock. We will look into the problem, but in the meantime, someone said starting games in administrator mode will fix a lot of games failing to start in Win 10.

• Developer

This might help as well:

1. In steam, <right click> on Invisible Inc and select [properties]

2. <click> the  [local files] tab. <click> the [browse local files...] button.

3. navigate to  _CommonRedist/vcredist/2012/vcredist_x86.exe   and run it.

If that doesn't help, you can also try:

4. navigate to  _CommonRedist/DirectX\Jun2010/DXSETUP.exe   and run it.

I have tried all the solutions in this thread.

I have also tried running in compatibility mode to no effect.

I managed to get this exception which may or may not be helpful. 

Unhandled exception at 0x774BDCB8 (ntdll.dll) in invisibleinc.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x005D0FB8.

I'm having a similar / the same issue.  Upon startup I, my speakers crackle (as if the game is starting) and then some windows open and close almost immediately (I can't see what they say), then nothing happens and the game never starts.

I tried the visual c++ repairs and they didn't fix the issue.

I'm having a similar / the same issue.  Upon startup I, my speakers crackle (as if the game is starting) and then some windows open and close almost immediately (I can't see what they say), then nothing happens and the game never starts.

I tried the visual c++ repairs and they didn't fix the issue.

I'm having the same issue with the same circumstances. I have tried using the solutions on this thread to no avail. Is there a fix for this? Really want to try this game.

I'm having a similar issue.

When I start the game, I have maybe 10 seconds or so and the game with graphically freeze, and become unresponsive. This prevents me from playing or otherwise interacting with the game. The music keeps playing and I can still move the cursor, but nothing responds to the cursor, graphically. I can hear the cursor making sounds when it mouses over a menu option, but nothing responds to any clicking, and it appears to be frozen.

I've tried running it as admin, and manually installing the DirectX and C++ redist's but it did not fix it.

Also uninstalled the game, and reinstalled it, but the issue remains.

Let me know if you need me to supply any additional info.

Running Windows 10.

This might help as well:

1. In steam, <right click> on Invisible Inc and select [properties]

2. <click> the  [local files] tab. <click> the [browse local files...] button.

3. navigate to  _CommonRedist/vcredist/2012/vcredist_x86.exe   and run it.

If that doesn't help, you can also try:

4. navigate to  _CommonRedist/DirectX\Jun2010/DXSETUP.exe   and run it.

After doing as instructed, I am still having the same results. Is there anything else that I can try? 

I have recently reverted back to windows 7 (for multiple reasons) and the game now works for me!  If you are having trouble and have windows ten, I encourage you to try reverting back to windows 7 and see if that fixes it for you too. Thanks for everyone's help! I appreciate it!

Got a "cure", you need uninstall all old versions of Visual C ++ first:

Go to Control Panel – Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ” Visual C ++ Redistributable»
Reinstall it, either from game folder either from MS site.

These steps should help fix the problem.
Control panel in win10 is easy to access by right click on "Start" button (or whatever it should be called now)

Archived