Agent Alone: Challenge Playstyle; Proven As Well

9 members have voted

1. 1. How does this challenge apply to you?

• I love it! The thrill of taking down corps as a one man army/Bond agent is great!
    • It was tough, but I made it. There were times I felt like I was playing Mission:Impossible the Game almost. Almost ;)
    • It was too easy, if anything MORE agents made missions harder. (Please comment why!)
    • Are you insane? I barely beat the game as is! =S You must be great at the game! ;P

I had a recent game where my agent was in a 1-square wide "corridor" between cover items, with guards about to approach from both directions.  I don't see how a hologram projector can help there.  Dropping the projector in the guard's path is useless; they don't change their path, they walk up and discover the projector.

There are certainly some advantages to playing with single agent (particular the fact that you don't have to share resources between agents), but there are some major downsides as well.  One big downside is that if you get taken out, it's instant game over, no one will come to drag you out or revive you with a medgel.  I wouldn't have gotten this far on my current run if not for "cheating" and using my rewind a few times.

Archive Prism does seem to be well suited to solo runs -- I've saved a lot of power by leaving many cameras unhacked.  You can also conserve AP by opening and walking through doors without peeking first.

UPDATE:  I completed my solo Archive Prism run above (expert, 1 rewind), with no guards killed or KO'd in the entire game!

I might record a video or just a drawing of what I mean. But the fake cover item, essentially as you know cover is roughly 180 degrees. Speaking specifically for Archive Prism because I realize it won't get the other agents out of a jam but it can at least stall 1 turn for cool downs or etc for the other agents.

Anyways. For Archive Prism. You need to BREAK LINE OF SIGHT to turn on her disguise. If they're staring at her she can't disguise. If you get caught in the middle of a room or too far away from cover. Use the fake cover in between you and the guards. Right in front of you. Then disguise and get away, but remember which guard picks up your fake cover. Go behind them and then steal it back. It'll be off cool down already too. Finished a solo play through with her like this. Used the camera canister to cover my back when exploring regions when there were no cameras behind me to do so.

Even with other agents. Sometimes you're stuck and you just need 1 space to escape. The cover does this for you too, although unless you manage to distract them you'll most likely lose the cover, which is cheap enough anyways.

I might record a video or just a drawing of what I mean. But the fake cover item, essentially as you know cover is roughly 180 degrees. Speaking specifically for Archive Prism because I realize it won't get the other agents out of a jam but it can at least stall 1 turn for cool downs or etc for the other agents.

Don't worry about it. I can picture it crystal clear but it's still not guaranteed to save you unlike cloaking. If they spot you during their turn you can have several guards close in around you before you can even throw the Projector and then you're screwed without cloaking. If they spot you during your turn then... how did that happen as Archive Prism?

I can understand getting spotted during their turn due to Harbingers and Firewall shield guys going cross country, but if you get spotted on your own turn then you must have walked into them and that's the only situation where the Hologram projector will guarantee save you.

True. Yeah, I agree Cloak is a better "extra life". No argument there. But cloak also has a least a 6 turn cooldown if you have Cloak 3. The projector is up and running the turn after you pick it up. Maybe even the turn you pick it up, since it has a 1 turn cooldown. I'd say it's balanced to be a little weaker but used more often.

Also, play style wise. It's very rare for there to be a map where I wouldn't at least have a wall behind me or to my side to block vision. If I get surrounded, it's going to be 180 degrees in front of me, which is why I bring the cover.

But yeah, I also don't use Prism's disguise 24/7 unless I'm nearing 20 power and I just can. I like having that extra power just in case I run into something like a 5 firewall Daemon that drains power + other firewalls along with that.

Archived