MOD: Plastech's Modded Mk II's

So I've been recently poking about Invisible Inc's code on an unused guard called  "Modded MK II" a special guard from platech, which is fully functional, it just wasn't implemented. And no doubt why! If you thought plastech was annoying using only the modded mk I just wait untill I tell you what modded mk II would have done if they had been implemented!

That is quite OP! but with: HumanKirby, Shirsh and Cyberboy2000's help I was able to bring this guard back into the game! (I barely did anything, all credit goes to them) Now I'm a great Plastech sympathizer, sure I don't like the idea of experimenting on children or their guards' eyes having an eerie-purplish glow (creepy) but I do enjoy the concept of plastech quite a lot (notice I said "I enjoy the concept" the gameplay not much, but that's just how plastech is: they are jerks) so I wanted to have this guard on my game.

VERSION 1.0 IS READY!! Test it out and giveme your comments Enjoy:

Plastech_Modded_MKII_1.0.zip

So what does this mod offer?

An All new guard Plastech's Modded MKII (well "all new" if you have never hacked him back into the game)

post-467333-0-72088900-1437012099.png

with the following balances to make it enjoyable to play against:

1. A balance on Plastech's threat spawn: Modded MKI army? no more now the proportion of special guards in Plastech is as follows: Elite guard (armor 1) 50, Modded MKI 100, Modded MKII 50

this means out of every 200 guards you find in Plastech 50 will be Elites, 100 will be MKI and 50 will be MKII this allows for a more varied gameplay in Plastech!

2. The Modded MKII has the ability to strengthen device's firewalls around it on a balanced 6 tile radius (instead of previous 8 tile radius) it will add +2 firewall levels to every device within his 6 tile radius.

3. The Modded MKII has a cap on how high his MP (Movement Points) can be. It is currently adjusted so that it is no more than 8 MP. So even if it is hunting it won't move faster than 8 tiles (which if I am not mistaken is the standard walking speed of a guard right? if I am mistaken please post it down so I can correct that)

4. The investigate hacked devices trait is back on the game and functional. It is a Modded MKII exclusive ability, but what it does is that if you hack a device within the Modded MKII's radius he will go investigate the device that was hacked. Choose well the order in which you hack!

5. The Modded MKII's level 1 armor has been removed for balance reasons. You see Elite guards issued a formal complain to Plastech's CEO due to this Modded MKII and Modded MKIs mocking the Elite guard division of Plastech. A decision was taken by the CEO that all MKII heavy armor models should be confiscated and that Elite guard presence would be equal to that of MKII's. It is said that all MKI's that were found guilty of mocking their lower ranking Elite guard workmates were severely punished. "Keeping those special Modded MKII armors was quite expensive, anyway" said Plastech's CEO in a recent interview.

Enjoy the mod and expect other upcomming mods like the extra daemons mod. Please let me now if you have any issue or balance suggestion regarding this mod.

My ideas for reverse Daemons:

• Siphon - Bolt: Gain X PWR
  • Blowfish - Mute: Prevents alarm tracker from increasing for X turns (decreasing alarm tracker seems very counterintuitive towards pressuring the player imo)
    • OR Muffler: Reduces alarm tracker increments by 1 for X turns
  • Authority - Jailbreak: disables all safes for X (2?) turns
  • Validate - Breach: KO's a guard for X turns (should be KOed for a long time)
  • Mask - Flash: Reveals all daemon's and their locations for X turns (not too sure about this)
  • Rubiks - (Can't think of a name): Decreases all firewalls, that are greater than 1, by 1 firewall
  • Fractal - Sniper: Kills 2(?) daemons

I couldn't think of any reverse daemon effect that would be appropriate for paradox.

For the Cascade daemon, maybe it should be a daemon that can install other daemons when a certain condition is met (E.g. whenever an agent is being spotted).

Another idea is for each turn in a certain amount of turns, it installs a daemon but lasting for one turn (if applicable). For example, an installed Cascade could install a modulate, and then a labyrinth in the next turn, but both of those daemons would last only one turn.

A tip for the MKII.

Go to sim\simplayer. On row 428 and 429, replace all the 2's with unit:getTraits().firewallSupport

That way you can change how many firewalls are raised just by editing guarddefs.lua (sim\unitdefs\guarddefs at row 831), the same place you can change it's range, armor and other traits. It definitely does not need armor. If it had it would make normal elites useless right? Normal recapturers don't need armor, so why would this one?

Another way to balance them could be to make them slower. This could balance out the fact that they investigate hacked devices, so you have some time to react.

To do that you have to change their mp and mpMax. KO Heavys is an example of this.

And just to clear up some things, the spawnrate of a guard is relative. As you see in worldgen, guards are defined into groups. There are two groups per corp, plus one for omni and a total of four for Sankaku (cause you know, can't let the AI take over)

If there's just one guard in a group, it's number won't matter, cause it will spawn 100% of the time no matter what.

In the case of plastech, it could just as well have been 1 for armored guard and 20 for the MKI, because the numbers are relative. That is why there are a lot of hackers on Plastech levels but very few armored guards.

And yes, elite guards and normal guards are calculated differently. What guards spawn is determined by the security level. For example on level two (on default difficulty) there is always three normal guards, one camera drone and one elite guard. What guards spawn when is defined in sim\simdefs.

My ideas for reverse Daemons:

• Siphon - Bolt: Gain X PWR
  • Blowfish - Mute: Prevents alarm tracker from increasing for X turns (decreasing alarm tracker seems very counterintuitive towards pressuring the player imo)
    • OR Muffler: Reduces alarm tracker increments by 1 for X turns
  • Authority - Jailbreak: disables all safes for X (2?) turns
  • Validate - Breach: KO's a guard for X turns (should be KOed for a long time)
  • Mask - Flash: Reveals all daemon's and their locations for X turns (not too sure about this)
  • Rubiks - (Can't think of a name): Decreases all firewalls, that are greater than 1, by 1 firewall
  • Fractal - Sniper: Kills 2(?) daemons

I couldn't think of any reverse daemon effect that would be appropriate for paradox.

For the Cascade daemon, maybe it should be a daemon that can install other daemons when a certain condition is met (E.g. whenever an agent is being spotted).

Another idea is for each turn in a certain amount of turns, it installs a daemon but lasting for one turn (if applicable). For example, an installed Cascade could install a modulate, and then a labyrinth in the next turn, but both of those daemons would last only one turn.

Want to hear a funny story? I posted some very similar ideas to the ones you posted 2 minutes before you. I guess great minds think alike. But I do appreciate your name ideas very much. I plan on using most of those names. Do you mind? Of course I will also put your name on the mod's contributors, I guess it is the least I can do to thank you.

Want to hear a funny story? I posted some very similar ideas to the ones you posted 2 minutes before you. I guess great minds think alike. But I do appreciate your name ideas very much. I plan on using most of those names. Do you mind? Of course I will also put your name on the mod's contributors, I guess it is the least I can do to thank you.

Yea, I saw that in the other thread XD.

When I first saw the daemons in the early access version. I had imagined there being some way to reverse engineer those daemon's in some way. So when, in the full version, I hacked a daemon and it gave me fortune instead, I was pleasantly surprised. However, I was disappointed when I found out there were only 3 reverse daemons, which made me ponder over other potential reverse daemons.

And yea go ahead! I'd really appreciate adding me to the list!

I think that a Modded MKII could be balanced in by giving it an achilles heel.

For example, instead of automatically unhacking devices within 8sq, have it simply *detect* hacked devices within X amount of tiles (e.g. 8 or 5). When it detects a hacked device, make it move close to the device (e.g. within 3sq) at which point it will unhack the device, either returning it to a fixed firewall strength, or causing it to unhack the device at a rate of 2 per turn till the device is at regular strength.

This would allow for the tactic of distracting a guard by making it move out of its normal patrol path to address a hacked device.

I think that a Modded MKII could be balanced in by giving it an achilles heel.

And just to clear up some things, the spawnrate of a guard is relative. 

Well now that the mod is ready I want to take some time to thank Cyberboy2000, shirsh, HumanKirby and everyone that posted balance suggestions on this topic. I could have not made it with out you guys. THANKS!

Archived