Hostile or Neutral mob to hunt Beefalo?

I have came up with an animal that could take that role. An Owgar, head of an owl and body of a cougar. This would make the game feel more natural.

EDIT : What would also make it cooler. It would have to eat at least 2 pieces of meat every 15 days to stay alive, it wouldn't just mindlessly kill Beefalo but have a purpose to kill them. It would only kill a beefalo when needed.

I have came up with an animal that could take that role. An Owgar, head of an owl and body of a cougar. This would make the game feel more natural.

Will it have wings? O__O

Art! I must know! For knowledge is what I crave! O__O

(hahaha but yeah, what will it look like?) 

Here is my first draft on what it would look like. http://corkson.deviantart.com/art/Owgar-Don-t-Starve-mob-suggestion-525094710?ga_submit_new=10%253A1428311981&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1

EDIT: You gave me an idea, it having wings could be awesome. If it was chasing you it could sometimes fly up and you would only see it's shadow and then it could swoop down and try attacking you, after that it would land again. That would be awesome!

Yeah, but the Warg only spawns if you track it.

EDIT: The Warg will attack anything not just Beefalo, this mob would only attack beefaloes and other creatures that attacked it or stole it's good. Would also be cool if it could only spawn in desert.

Would also be cool if it could only spawn in desert.

Well, since it is an owl... and a cougar, shouldn't it spawn in the FOREST biome? Just saying...

It could have a giant nest in the forest (maybe about the size of 1 or 2 beefalo?) and would travel from the forest to the savannas (probably during dusk since it is an owl) to hunt beefalo... (I would love to see it swoop down and kill spiders in the forest too!) XD

That should regulate their population!

This beefalo hunting mob suggestion is an idea that keeps on giving! XD SO MANY POSSIBILITIES

Archived