[Linux] Dedicated Server always starts a new session, cant resume saved world

I guess you're experiencing the same thing I've been describing and trying to find a solution for, for the past week: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/52086-character-selection-prompted-every-time-the-server-is-joined/ Still no solution in sight... I even did a complete VPS and DST re-install to make sure that the issue wasn't caused because of the update being incorrectly applied ( chances of this happening are slim to none, but yeah... at least I got that concern out of the way ).

Yeah, seems like the exact same thing. Client hosted servers seem to work fine. Windows dedicated also? Seems like they focussed on client-hosted functionality first?!

A response from the devs would be nice. If they can reproduce this situation. But none yet. I also tried like everything. Except reinstalling the VPS. Hard move ;)

It's a bit annyoing, but yeah, we'll have to wait until the next update, anyway. I just wanted to ask, if I am the only one with this problem and too stupid to solve it...

cheers,

Jurker Kunde

What I find weird is that I don't see more people aren't reporting similar issues...
For quite a while, I also thought it's just me. But well, good to know I'm ( we're ) not alone :)
Hope they figure it out soon because it's quite a blocker...

• Developer

Hey @Unguro,

It looks like the file system you were running (Reiserfs) did not support d_type for file queries.  Basically that means that we don't get the file type (directory or file) where we are expecting it.  Now that we know the problem we will try to add support to fix it,  or at least put better error handling so it's more obvious that the operation has failed.

Btrfs, ext2, ext3, and ext4 definitely support d_type,  so switching to one of these file systems should set you straight.

You can see what file system you are currently running by executing the command "mount".

Hey MarkL,

thanks for clarifying. I, too, have reiserfs, which seems to come as the default with the server. What a stupid bug, I can almost feel the pain searching for this ;)

Please keep us posted, if you can build a workaround or find a solution, as I cannot reinstall the VPS with another filesystem. Too much services running...

Cheers,

OP ;)

Archived