[Crash] - Game unplayable and moving in slow motion after update

Bug Submission:

Category: Crash

Platform: Mac

Issue Title: Game unplayable and moving in slow motion after update

Issue Description: Ever since the new update, Invisible Inc has been unplayable for me. To start off, starting up the game takes an inordinately long time: about 3-5 minutes!

When it finally loads, it's fine on the main and world map menu but I try to play a level, the game immediately starts lagging and slows to a freezing crawl.

I haven't had this problem before the update, but now it's running so painfully slow it's unplayable.

Specs:

Mac OS 10.9.2

2.4 Ghz Intel Core i5

4 GB RAM

Steps to Reproduce: Load up the game and attempt to play a level.

I wiped settings again and for a while the freeze was gone, but it would periodically come back again.

I'm at my wits end trying to figure out what caused it, but I suspect it's some sort of memory leak at this point, because the game plays fine until something triggers it, and everything will start slowing down and lagging until it grinds to a halt :(

invisibleinc.txt

post-465227-0-13106600-1422034008_thumb.

Well, after more testing, it seems that deleting settings.lua will temporarily fix things for a few minutes of play, then something triggers this long string of error messages which start piling up and cause the game to grind to a halt:

Jan 24 14:48:18 -- FMOD Result (89) The requested event, event group, event category or event property could not be found. 

invisibleinc copy 3.txt

invisibleinc copy 4.txt

invisibleinc copy 5.txt

FMOD has to do with audio. Apparently it is missing one of it's dependencies. I have the same error messages, but it doesn't have the impact you're describing nor should it have.

I did notice you have build 124099, where I have build 124132 of the game. (build versions might differ from pc and mac).

Archived