cant connect to klei servers

Here are some things you could try:

• Fully close down DST and if there are hotfixes, let it update.
  • If that doesn't work, fully close down Steam and reopen steam then try again.
  • If that still doesn't work, I'd like you to check if on DST's main menu screen. Top Right, does it say "Steam: Online" in green text?
  • If not then it probably has something to do with your internet connection(I could be entirely wrong on this one). But if it says Online, then I suggest you keep trying and also try other servers player-hosted, klei-hosted, etc. 

A lot of time has passed since you posted, so hopefully it worked itself out since then.

edit: To report bugs in the Bug Tracker section, there is a link in the Bug Tracker Page shown below.

The link goes to this Announcement: Submit Your Bugs Here!

post-474697-0-22537000-1418828349_thumb.

ye it says steam:online everything is how it should look like as my friend has compared, other people are having this problem aswell, its not just me, it loads for a second saying logging in then says cant connect to klei servers then saying you have to play in offline basically.

This issue has been an issue since early thismorning and still currently it does not let anyone get passed clicking Play. It continually and instantly pops up the create account window even when an account is already created, and will not let you create a new account as it cannot connect to Kleientertainment's server. Since SOME people post that it resolved itself, those people must be getting access to the server while the rest are not. Clearly the server cannot handle the traffic it's now getting as the game has finally become open beta, so most people cannot connect. The issue is entirely server-side as nothing at all can be done on any client's side to resolve it.

This issue has been an issue since early thismorning and still currently it does not let anyone get passed clicking Play. It continually and instantly pops up the create account window even when an account is already created, and will not let you create a new account as it cannot connect to Kleientertainment's server. Since SOME people post that it resolved itself, those people must be getting access to the server while the rest are not. Clearly the server cannot handle the traffic it's now getting as the game has finally become open beta, so most people cannot connect. The issue is entirely server-side as nothing at all can be done on any client's side to resolve it.

ALSO the fact that it takes bloody forever for anything to load on this website (where it never took this long before today) when I have really fast fiber internet and everything else on the internet loads up almost instantly and my computer's hardware is able to handle just about anything I throw at it, there's undeniable evidence that the server is simply unable to handle the massive traffic it has never had to deal with before the open beta came out.

Archived