Don't Starve Together Frontier Pack

Hey guys,

so I signed up for the DS Beta when I first heard about it and I eventually recieved my keys.

However when I heard about the Frontier Pack I thought that I would be able to buy someone a copy of the base game (I already own the base game + ROG) and then give away the other two keys to some friends as a miniture Christmas present I guess, but because I already own a copy of Don't Starve Together it is not letting me purchase a copy of the Frontier Pack. The only way now for me to do this is to purchase it from the account I originally intended to gift the Don't Starve base game to at an increased price.

I was wondering if this is an intentional thing that was maybe put into place to stop someone aquiring many many keys, but I am rather dissapointed that I will be unable to gift some friends of mine copies of the beta and base game because of this.

Any information about this would be very much appretiated.

(if I am missing something somewhere I apologise and would appretiate being pointed in the right direction)

Thanks.

post-512985-0-86396100-1418760992_thumb.

You can gift someone a copy of the base game, but not from the Frontier pack. The Frontier pack has a discounted price because you currently, own the base game and that's why it won't include it and also why it is lowered in price for you to purchase (2 DST beta keys if you choose.)

There have actually been sales for the base game, like roughly $4 US dollars (I don't know the rates well enough) for the base game alone, not a bad deal. But better than spending $14.99 US dollars for the base game (DS).

Just writing for clarity. You can also, only purchase one Frontier pack, not several. And if you currently have DST you won't be able to purchase at all because you own it already. This is sadly, not a mistake, this has to do with Steams policy on those things, I guess.
However, you can purchase the Megapack to get more keys. As posted on twitter by Klei:

https://twitter.com/klei/status/544900449422573569

you can't gift the frontier pack as per steam policy as it would stack loyalty discounts. You can gift the MegaPack though.

Edit: That's about as much as I know, overall.

You can gift someone a copy of the base game, but not from the Frontier pack. The Frontier pack has a discounted price because you currently, own the base game and that's why it won't include it and also why it is lowered in price for you to purchase (2 DST beta keys if you choose.)

There have actually been sales for the base game, like roughly $4 US dollars (I don't know the rates well enough) for the base game alone, not a bad deal. But better than spending $14.99 US dollars for the base game (DS).

Just writing for clarity. You can also, only purchase one Frontier pack, not several. And if you currently have DST you won't be able to purchase at all because you own it already. This is sadly, not a mistake, this has to do with Steams policy on those things, I guess.

However, you can purchase the Megapack to get more keys. As posted on twitter by Klei:

https://twitter.com/klei/status/544900449422573569

Edit: That's about as much as I know, overall.

Ah I see. Thankyou so much for this reply, very informative.

:lemo:

I will probably gift the Megapack then.

Archived