Mod characters cause ghost hats to break globally

So I've been working on Wigfrid and Webber, and I noticed that no matter what I get rid of, all other ghost hats seem to break (that is, things like Wilson's hair on his ghosts, or Willow's hair, and presumably Wigfrid's little ghost helmet).

I decided to test this with a dummy mod character that's only four lines long (you also have to provide bigportrait files, though):

modmain.lua:

PrefabFiles = {"dummy"}AddModCharacter("dummy")

scripts/dummy.lua:

local MakePlayerCharacter = require "prefabs/player_common"return MakePlayerCharacter("dummy") 

This alone seemed to cause Wilson ghosts, etc, to lose their hats (and doing ThePlayer.AnimState:Show("HAT") had no effect).

Right now I'm kind of stumped. It was hilarious at first, but I can't see why it would be happening in the first place...

@StalkinU, Well, it also occurs if you do :AddTag('ghostwithhat') in the common_postinit (which is where Wilson, Willow, etc, specify it). Also, if I add Wigfrid's ghost build to the assets to force it to load, but don't add any mod characters, and then switch Wilson's ghost to Wigfrid's build while in-game, then the hat shows up. But if I add Wigfrid, her ghost hat doesn't show up.

Edited by rezecib