Regarding Farming;

Just got my first play through with a good friend trying to survive co-op style to see how long we could go.

So far my impressions are really good, and I'm enjoying the difficulty scale but a few issues cropped up while trying to survive winter; Mainly that Dung isnt applying as a crop fertilizer. This frusturated me a lot since I've been able to speed up crops in solo play.

Maybe its bad I got used to using the mechanisim, but I think I should still be able to escalate crop growth of some kind during the winter season if I'm supplying it with enough nutrients and heat. By game mechanics anyway.

Just got my first play through with a good friend trying to survive co-op style to see how long we could go.

So far my impressions are really good, and I'm enjoying the difficulty scale but a few issues cropped up while trying to survive winter; Mainly that Dung isnt applying as a crop fertilizer. This frusturated me a lot since I've been able to speed up crops in solo play.

Maybe its bad I got used to using the mechanisim, but I think I should still be able to escalate crop growth of some kind during the winter season if I'm supplying it with enough nutrients and heat. By game mechanics anyway.

as far as i know you've never been able to fertilise or grow crops once the ground is frozen. Not in DST, Not in DS RoG, and not in DS vanilla.

The main part of my issue at the moment is fertilization doesnt work whatsoever. Tried it during all seasons and it failed to apply. Granted it made the game more challenging but when I've got many, many mouths to feed, I can see it being a server killer relatively quickly. With myself and my partner, we had completely decimated the rabbit population by day 30 when winter started to kick in and even with jerky, we dont think we'll be able to survive much longer.

On the other hand, we tried the Librarian's Horticulture book recently. The results are pretty interesting, but if no one is playing that character, we seem to be somewhat on the "Boned" side.

(We're also struggling to find Gears. Had plans to make a fridge but all the graves and dead adventurers gave us garbage.)

Archived