Local save data wiped again.

Ardcrumb
  • Pending

Had a day 100+ world, loaded in and the icon was a hidden character icon. I quit out and everything is gone again. 

I sent an Ingame bug report just after it happened. 

That's 600 days of world just deleted at no fault of my own. 

Steps to Reproduce

Have a world. 

Load in and out

Eventually you'll log back in to an EULA agreement, if you accept you're loaded into what essentially is paramount to a new copy of the game with only the things tied to the klei account itself remaining. 

I'm on xbox series x, I don't have any extra modifications to the software. 

I did not join an online world during the time between the first wipe and second. 

User Feedback

We're still investigating how this could be occurring and I have a few questions that might help us narrow down the problem. 

- Are you getting the EULA / empty save slots every time you start the game now, or was it only once?

- Have you tried fully closing the game and shutting down / resetting the console?

- Assuming you didn't play all 100+ days in one go, what did you do between play sessions? 

• Did you pause the game / suspend the console but leave the world running?
  • Did you Disconnect from the world but leave the game running?
  • Did you completely close out of the game?
  • Did you use Quick Resume in some manner?
  • Did you shut down the console?

Any detail you can provide might help.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I have lost my data from a random occurrence;

I was playing a different game, and then logged into DST with quick resume active and I was being spammed “We can’t save anymore data for this game/app…” despite me having over 200GB of space.

I then restarted my Xbox and logged back in and was prompted with “which save do you want to use?”, Chose console (Both console and cloud data were 0.01KB) and got the EULA and lost everything.

Share this comment