Attack Speed Issue (And Temporary Fix)

Cap0319
  • Fixed

With the recent DST update introducing the WX rework everyone on Xbox has an "attack speed" bug. This bug causes player to have an awkward pause after each attack which makes all combat clunky and difficult. Most people do not know what causes the issue but I have found out what causes it and a temporary solution until it is patched. 

Steps to Reproduce

1. Turn lag compensation off ( If already turned off skip this step.)

2. Attack any creature that wont die in one hit. (You should notice a pause after the attack as shown in the video above)

Notes: To encounter / reproduce this bug you must have lag compensation disabled. Once turned off, after your first attack a long and noticeable pause will happen after every other attack. As shown in the video this issue goes away after turning lag compensation on. If you are to disable lag compensation again the issue will return. 

• Like 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

another way to counter the bug is to attack-cancel. Not saying it's better than lag compensation on, but I hate lag compensation

• Like 1

Share this comment

I suffer from the same problem, but at first the attack speed was normal at first for a day in game. Then later on my attack speed was incredibly delayed for some reason. I hopped into a previous world to check if the attack speed was delayed there too and it was. Hope this gets patched soon.

Edited by Squeezedbaker30
  • Like 1

Share this comment