My Experience in DST on Switch

Lord_Owlbear
  • Fixed

My game crashes when i attempt to go underground if im not freshly loaded into a game, likewise aboveground. Game crashes at the start of a new day if im not regularly cleaning server debris. Game crashes while im approaching the lunar islands. Game crashes while im approaching the lunar grotto. Game crashes if during a 2 hour period if i blink more than once in a 30 second period on average. Game crashes if i havent pet my cat at least one time in any four hour period. I love the game and its portability on the switch but its next to impossible to have any play session that doesnt involve the game crashing multiple times. I've seen a fair amount of reports but nothing responding to them with even so much as a "we see there is an issue and are working on solutions" which has prompted this thread out of concern as such. Also possibly related orca whales are devious creatures and evil incarnate, they may also be responsible for some of the game crashes. Probably not, but maybe.....  

Steps to Reproduce

• Sad 1
  • Wavey 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I hear you I have the same problems I can't even go to the caves to do anything orelse it'll just crash, you think it would be less laggy since theres nothing down there but for some reason it just keeps crashing and I' sick of it I just want to play the game man

• Wavey 1

Share this comment

Thank you for the report. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We think we found a fix for most of the crashes that have been reported, and plan to have the fix for this issue implemented in the next update.

• Sanity 1
  • Wavey 1

Share this comment

What do you mean by server debris ? Do you empty your rollbacks ?

I wonder if the issues I had were due to the game not always deleting older rollbacks and thus not saving anymore.

Share this comment