Totally Normal Trees & Evil Flowers

bestnick8
  • Closed

On a previous world, I noticed TNT's that I know I'd discovered while exploring, weren't showing up on the map as time went by & when I needed them & the EF's that spawn around them. So I searched all the forest areas again to no avail.

On my current world I'm at day 137 & I can't see any TNT's on the map. I actually need the EF's that grow around them. Which brings me to another question/problem:... Aren't normal flowers supposed to turn into evil flowers on a full moon like in RoG? I've been through a few FM's now & haven't seen any.

I have already been into the caves, not sure if that might have any effect.

Steps to Reproduce
Play DST

User Feedback

In DST flowers don't become evil during a full moon. Instead flowers turn evil when haunted by a ghost. 

TNTs are added to the world when it's created and there is no process by which they'd organically disappear. However it's possible that they were destroyed by a fire or a bearger.

Share this comment

7 hours ago, CharlesB said:

In DST flowers don't become evil during a full moon. Instead flowers turn evil when haunted by a ghost. 

TNTs are added to the world when it's created and there is no process by which they'd organically disappear. However it's possible that they were destroyed by a fire or a bearger.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm in the process of doing a test play through specifically to monitor/document this for my own peace of mind.

Have so far only found 1 TNT with 5 EF's around it, there was a weird glitch I noticed while clearing the trees surrounding it. One of the evergreen trees I chopped never fell down & I couldn't re-chop it. So I "stumped" it with a shovel & was then able to re-chop it down & 2nd time round it did the correct animations.

I've marked the TNT with a sign & will monitor it periodically & after various activities like caving, etc. After finding that one though, I've searched all the remaining map & not found another one. I know RNGesus is a factor, but in my experience there's always been at least 3 in world. I'll update with any findings as I go.

Share this comment